Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like a banner please!

Options
  • 31-05-2001 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone creative out there willing to design a banner/logo for 'irelandoffline' that I can put up on my site? Preferably standard 468x60 and a smaller logo button suitable for menu bars. (a cube would be nice too smile.gif )

And yes I would do it myself, but my graphic design talents, are uhm at best 'limited'.

Then we should be promoting its display on Irish/Irish related sites - I'll be willing to start the approaching if you want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Ho,
    If your interested, I can give designing the banner a go for you. I'm currantly doing some web design studies in Fás.
    If ya don't like it, no worries, if ya do, great!

The more folk attempt it, the better the chances we'll find something we like.

Leo

When you get the banner sorted out you can always use AdvertiseIreland.com to get things going...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'll take care of it very soon and post the resulting banner up here. I'd rather that we not have a load of "unofficial" banners linking to us and using our graphics. While the links are useful, we can create our own advertisements. (That's partially but not totally aimed at 'corkie' who is featuring a banner ad in some of his posts.)

Bard
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    I'll take care of it very soon and post the resulting banner up here. I'd rather that we not have a load of "unofficial" banners linking to us and using our graphics. While the links are useful, we can create our own advertisements. </font>

I disagree. If anyone out there wants to create a banner, I'll decide myself whether I want to display it. The more choice we have the better.

Now, you will need 'official' banners & cubes, that's a different issue and they should be vetted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have a banner comp and stick them all up there, that's the way it's always been done for open source projects and it works.

I'd prefer an 88x31 button meself.

adam

• Advertisement

Well I'm of the opinion that any banner ad advertising IrelandOffline and linking to the irelandoffline.com web site should:

a> be supported by the IrelandOffline committee
    b> only use our graphics (as seen on our web site) with our permission
    c> only link to www.irelandoffline.com and not feature any other URL's

It's not too much to ask, is it???

Here's one, for starters:

BannerAd1.gif

Bard

Well, I'm into branding in a big way, so I can understand why you want to do it that way, but this is a pretty loose non-profit organisation and a link is a link is a link.

If I was you, I would be more inclined to recommend and request that people use the "official" IrelandOffline banners and buttons, but not try and enforce it. If you try and enforce it, you'll become just another Irish committeeeeeeee.

Course, I'm not you, am I? smile.gif

adam

By the by, nice banner. Now where's my button? smile.gif

adam

re: button... lol... giz a chance, eh? ... I'm in work! smile.gif

I've thrown this one open... anyone who'd like to design us a banner can do so. The best of them (according to myself and the committee) will become our "official" banners and will be made available for download from our website on a sort of "make a link to us" page.

More info here: http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum21/HTML/000148.html

So ... dust of yer graphics app and send us a banner/button/whatever smile.gif

Bard

Advertisement