Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new idea to consider

Options
  • 02-06-2001 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If the meeting before the 8th of June with Esat doesn't produce a 'fair' outcome concensual to our committee and registered members then I suggest we make an appeal directly to Esat's parent body -the people who hire and pay the Esat executive's salaries, namely, British Telecom.

BT have recently appointed a new Chairman to sort out it's 30 billion pounds debt crisis and as a result the company has been selling off it's overseas subsidaries to reduce and service its loans. No doubt it also wasn't prepared to tolerate the loss making IOL NoLimits and I suspect the Esat bosses got their orders from here

But I wonder if BT is aware of the fiasco letter and the discriminatory way in which Esat is treating us -it's loyal customers, who are fundamentally British Telecom customers.

An appeal to BT in the UK, thought out and handled properly, would surely be taken up by the media, both Irish and British and I'm sure all the UK Computer magazines would pick it up. It certainly would be bad publicity for BT in the UK. No doubt BT would pass the blame back to Eircom which all helps our cause anyway.

I feel the Esat executives should be made aware of the 'Appeal Weapon' in our armoury and that we will use it if necessary.

Regards, Bannerman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bannerman:
    If the meeting before the 8th of June with Esat doesn't produce a 'fair' outcome concensual to our committee and registered members then I suggest we make an appeal directly to Esat's parent body -the people who hire and pay the Esat executive's salaries, namely, British Telecom.</font>

Another very good idea, keep them coming, people smile.gif

Martin Harran

[This message has been edited by o_donnel_abu (edited 02-06-2001).]

Advertisement