Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forget Eircom

Options
  • 02-06-2001 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regarding previous point made by Martin-

To the effect: "we're working on meetings w/ Eircom and Politicians "
    (sorry couldn't find what thread it was in)

Eircom @ the moment will be in no mood for discussing expansion into a flat rate service given their impending sale- The real people we should be trying to speak to are the prospective buyers.
    E-Island(Denis O'Brien) & Tony O'Reilly's group, are very keen to talk to the media re: the benefits of their offers. It therefore would be great to contact their PR people and ask them what their plans for Internet Access they have- Because they're likely to be very ambitious on what they will be offering, it would be great to get a quote out of either camp and subsequently hold them to this!

its defintitley worth a try as these are the people in the near future who will hold the most important part of the overall problem...
    THE ACTUAL TELEPHONE LINES-

As I said their press officiers will be very keen to give out soundbites on their plans- It's worth a try!

80p. tongue.gif

80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    Regarding previous point made by Martin-

Eircom @ the moment will be in no mood for discussing expansion into a flat rate service given their impending sale- The real people we should be trying to speak to are the prospective buyers.

</font>

Smashing idea, 80p!

It's now on our action list, thx.

Martin Harran

Yeah, great idea, excellent thinking 80p!!
    :-)

Black Frank

go raibh maith agat

Just look @ the 6 o'clock news today, they're all suffering from verbal diarrohea trying to get their respective offers across to the public- As mentioned before Denis o'Brien did intro SNL w/ Esat so there is some precedence in existance.

PS. maybe if Eircom spent less on advertising on more on their product we'd all be better off- I just got back from the Ireland Match and they had their bloody logo on everthing bar the toilet seats!

80p.

80project.com

Just because Black Frank replied I have to include this.....

"Its got me so down I've got me a HEADACHE"

Black Frank will get this joke (i hope? If not write back)

80p.

80project.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">PS. maybe if Eircom spent less on advertising on more on their product we'd all be better off- I just got back from the Ireland Match and they had their bloody logo on everthing bar the toilet seats!</font>

Ah, memories...

http://www.reznor.com/news/2600-verizon.html

Course, I still have eircon.org...

adam

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    maybe if Eircom spent less on advertising on more on their product we'd all be better off- I just got back from the Ireland Match and they had their bloody logo on everthing bar the toilet seats!
    </font>

yeah, I noticed that iswell..... I was watching the match on TV, but still noticed them Eircom advertising boards everywhere frown.gif !!!!!!!!!! I remember thinking as I saw the banners, "Eircom, Go further......... THEN WHAT!"

PS, That is a great idea you thought of 80 wink.gif , I hope someone actually does ask Denis O'Brien about the unbundling process, if he manages to buy out Eircom!

www.EFtraining.com

http://www.thealexandriaclan.barrysworld.net

Advertisement