Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enlightenment

Options
  • 03-06-2001 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to raise a point to all us angry internet users here in this site. It is to my knowlege ( and im sure yours aswell ) that Eircom and all the other big players in the market see the average Irish internet user as a 'marginal user'. In that, the user may log onto the net, check his/her email and log off, spending about an hour a week on the net. It could be said that the telcos here are reluctant to rolout dsl and they have delayed it for so long in light of that. The telcos dont think that there is a viable market out here for broadband internet access, and they believe they wont meet a break even point of they try to flog us dsl or cable and others etc. We need to show them that there is a market out there, and then they may get up off their arses and serve us up what we want. I know that the commitee is seeking media coverage and is distributing banner pages, but we need to persuade eircom aswell, any ideas?

Thanks for reading
    Matfin

Advertisement