Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT phone service

Options
  • 27-05-2001 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello all
    i have mentioned this before but a new thread
    may elicit some response.
    some i know signed up for the ESAT phone
    service when they joined Nolimits, presumeably
    ESAT would like to retain these customers
    (though given their poor judgement who knows?) if we knew how many out of the
    2000 had phone contracts as well it could prove
    valueable in the upcoming meeting

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I still had one of the carrier preselect diallers up until a few months ago, because Esat support seemed positively incapabable of sorting out exchange level carrier preselect for me. When I found out that Chorus were postponing PowerNet in Cork, I ordered HiSpeed and ripped it out of the wall. I don't miss it - their support was atrocious, and they appeared to have former Eircom operators manning the phones. Esat would do well to consult with their sister company, Digifone, on how to keep their customers happy. Digifone's service has always been a bit poor in my area, but I stay with them because they're polite and make an effort. I have no such loyalty with EsatFusion. And, it appears, they have none with me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I use Esat for all my phone needs, and spend an average of £100 on calls with them every month. I use the Internet for roughly 5 hours per day, and I still got their nasty letter!

I know it's Eircom's fault in the end... but still

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I also use Esat for all phone needs and stay with them because as stated at least they try and are polite. Eircom's customer care is pure ****. As for Chorus no definitive answer from them for the N/West. So that does not leave me much choice.

Advertisement