Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email to Eircom

Options
  • 05-06-2001 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here is a mail i sent to eircom a little while ago today

Hi there.
    I am sending you this letter regarding the state of internet services in Ireland. I know that you have ownership and control over most of the telephone line infrastructure in Ireland. Let me say that the way you are conducting yourselves regarding internet access and services for the consumer is an absolute disgrace. I dont mean to be rude or patronising when I say this, but because of the way your business has conducted itself, the growth of the internet has been inhibited in Ireland. We are now probably one of the most primative countries in Europe regarding our internet services. Let me explain. The fact that you have been charging exorbirant prices for online access during peak times and off peak times has meant that the average Irish home user has had to minimalise his/her time online. Due to the lack of any sort of a flatrate solution for both the home user and the business alike, things have been very difficult for us both. Now Esat came along two years ago with their Nolimts package and gave us some saving grace, in that we could surf online after 6pm for as long as we liked. This was an ideal solution for both the home user and the business alike, and it opened up the internet for new users and businesses alike. At this time the intenret was an affordable and valuable learning tool for everyone. Now that Esat have decided to halt this Nolimits service, we have no where to turn. The advancement of the internet in Ireland has gone backwards as a result, and in the last two and a half years or thereabouts, you have done nothing spectacular make it easier to go online, with the exception making internet subscription free ( indigo and eircom.net). This is not enough. We have been hailed as the E commerce hub of Europe, which in my opinion is a complete lie, as we do not have any sort of infrastructure. No DSL, no cable, nothing, only the overpriced and obsolete ISDN. Your company logo is 'Go Further'. Yes indeed we do want to go further, like Esat did with their Nolimits package, but because of your organisation, we have gone backwards. Esat had to discontinue Nolimits because you were charging them too much for access to your lines, and in the end the consumer had to suffer, aswell as the business. I would like to point you in the direction of a site where several people share the same views as me. www.irelandoffline.com

You might have heard of it. If you really do want us to go further, then you should release some flatrate intenret package. You should do this immedietly, and then work on upgrading your infrastructure for xDSL.

Thanks for reading

Matt Finucane.

PS: If you could please, bring this letter to the attention of your most senior managment. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well done, that was a very interesting letter to read mat!

I only fear that Eircom still won't do a thing as they are selling off.

If you could send a letter to your local TD, that would be very helpfull for the cause. I've already sent my own Email letter to every important TD in North Dublin !! I've even sent an email to Berti biggrin.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I doubt anything will come of it if I am the only one sending email's .... hint hint everyone wink.gif !!

regards,
    ando

www.EFtraining.com

http://www.thealexandriaclan.barrysworld.net

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So, what's Bertie's email address? biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matfinn:
    Here is a mail i sent to eircom a little while ago today
    </font>

Well done on the e-mail...

I'm wondering has anyone compiled a list of e-mail addresses of the players involved (I was going to say interested parties..lol)

Would this be beneficial?

anybody??

regards.....Fionn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fionn:
    I'm wondering has anyone compiled a list of e-mail addresses of the players involved (I was going to say interested parties..lol)
    </font>

http://www.linksheaven.com/muppets

Yes not affiliated with ireland offline in any way. As I say don't go abusing it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stephen:
    So, what's Bertie's email address? biggrin.gif</font>

Unsurprisingly www.bertieahern.com now takes you to the Office of the Taoiseach web site at www.irlgov.ie/taoiseach/ ... wonder how much the tax payers paid for that!

According to the Fianna Fáil web site, Bertie's email address is taoiseach@taoiseach.irlgov.ie (more info here).

Be VERY careful not to abuse that email address. An ex friend of mine was tracked down by the branch before for doing just that when Bruton was in power.

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Advertisement

I think with regards contacting TDs and so on - it might be a better idea to send them an actual letter through the post rather than an email. I know this goes completely against what we are - not sending an email, but your average TD is pretty old-fashioned and written letters tend to have more weight that an email which is much more easily ignored.

I shall be sending letters to all the TDs in my constituency later this week aswell as a few others who I want to annoy for the hell of it. Please send as many letters as you can!

Hi there smile.gif

Theres something very interesting id like to show you all on how Eircom handle any queries. Please note that what I am about to paste below is an automated response from Eircom ( as I have recieved about 7 of them in the past from writing them letters ). If this is the way Eircom conducts itself, then it does not deserve to be in business!! Over in England or America businesses would be ostricised for doing the same thing. Do they even listen to us????? Bet the *******s didnt even read it!! This was in response to my letter that I sent them (top of page). I own 2 lines in my house, one is mine for the net, and the other is for the family to make phone calls. In light of their despicable conduct, I am thinking of cutting off the 2nd line. They dont deserve my money!!

Hi Matt
    Thank you for your recent email.Eircom will announce the next part of
    its strategy to remain market leader in the communications /
    entertainment market when we unveil plans for the introduction of DSL
    in the coming weeks. We cannot currently release information
    regarding eircom's retail proposition as we are assessing market needs
    and how these might best be addressed using DSL.

O We can assure you, however, that we aim to offer customers the best
    range of DSL enabled services we can, and we are committed to
    providing this technology to as many customers as possible on a phased
    basis beginning this year. Actual role out plans have not been
    finalised and we are therefore unable to tell you exactly when and
    where the service will be available at the moment. Currently, there
    are field trials in the Dublin area. As soon as we are in a position
    to provide customers with more specific details of eircom's DSL
    offering we will do so.

Regarding a flat rate for internet access -unfortunatly, Eircom have no
    immediate plans
    to offer such a package.

Thank You

Dolores Morley
    Customer Service

Heres a letter I sent back to Eircom Today after the disgeceful way they handled my request.

Another automates response huh?? hmmm I expected that. Did you even read the
    letter I emailed to you?? Doubtfully! The way you conduct yourself sickens
    me. I cant believe you are getting away with this!! Your organisation is
    bullying other smaller businesses who might want to give us something you
    never could and you never would!! Your after the money, and you dont really
    care for the genuine needs of the customer, all you want is the money. This
    almost makes me vomit. I am almost sking with anger. Ive tried to be
    reasonable with you and ask you to help me out a bit. Not only me but the
    many thousands of others out there who are just ****ed off with you and what
    you are doing, not to mention the businesses who have suffered also. Because
    of you Ireland is in the internet stoneage. Because of you numerous people
    will be booted off Esat, and we wont be able to go online. Because of you we
    wont be able to go online. You are making the internet go backwards. Go
    Further?? We will, but not with you!!!!
    This is the last letter Ill be sending you. I will raise this matter with
    other people and expose you for the frauds you are!!

Sincerly yours
    Matt Finucane

Heres a letter I sent back to Eircom Today after the disgeceful way they handled my request.

Another automates response huh?? hmmm I expected that. Did you even read the
    letter I emailed to you?? Doubtfully! The way you conduct yourself sickens
    me. I cant believe you are getting away with this!! Your organisation is
    bullying other smaller businesses who might want to give us something you
    never could and you never would!! Your after the money, and you dont really
    care for the genuine needs of the customer, all you want is the money. This
    almost makes me vomit. I am almost sking with anger. Ive tried to be
    reasonable with you and ask you to help me out a bit. Not only me but the
    many thousands of others out there who are just ****ed off with you and what
    you are doing, not to mention the businesses who have suffered also. Because
    of you Ireland is in the internet stoneage. Because of you numerous people
    will be booted off Esat, and we wont be able to go online. Because of you we
    wont be able to go online. You are making the internet go backwards. Go
    Further?? We will, but not with you!!!!
    This is the last letter Ill be sending you. I will raise this matter with
    other people and expose you for the frauds you are!!

Sincerly yours
    Matt Finucane

too bad they will never actually read that e-mail frown.gif ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement