Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut Off ???

Options
  • 05-06-2001 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if it is significant or not but when I logged into Esat tonight I could not get past the password ?? It logged into the server, but would not verify my password !!
    It could of course just be a 'glitch' but I thought I should mention it, just in case. !! My billing period is the 24th, so I should not have been 'removed' yet. If I cannot access it again later, I will post another update..!! Incidently I had to go onto the hated Eircom server to post this message.. Grrrr... :-))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

other people have told me they are having teh same problem. duno mabe they cut u off in advance?

I was able to log on about midday - when I was paying for it! But at 6.30 same thing, verifying username and password and disconnect - good job I always kept paying Indigo that tenner a month
    Me too - was able to log on at midday or so - when I was paying for it myself - but now at 6.30 same thing - verifying username and password and then disconnection.

Good job I kept paying Indigo that tenner a month!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by angryuser:
    I dont know if it is significant or not but when I logged into Esat tonight I could not get past the password ?? It logged into the server, but would not verify my password !!
    It could of course just be a 'glitch' but I thought I should mention it, just in case. !! My billing period is the 24th, so I should not have been 'removed' yet. If I cannot access it again later, I will post another update..!! Incidently I had to go onto the hated Eircom server to post this message.. Grrrr... :-))

</font>

Yep same thing with me. I was able to connect today during midday, but it wouldn't get any further than
    "verifying usernamae and password..."

I am on oceanfree at the moment. I thought we had till the 8th/16th/24th before we got cut off.

What a suprise, Esat can mess up even more.

Same here exactly...i though i had till this weekend..damn reality

same here. i thought the 8th was the first chance of being cut off. i had my number taken down for this mythical 75hr list.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you called and complained and Customer Care put you on a "list" or whatever they said, Esat will honor that and not cut you off.</font>
    Elana? Martin? how can i help smile.gif

• Advertisement

Esat should be watching out. Notice what other services were used: Eircom, Oceanfree, Indigo. They are losing their customers, and fast. We aren't going to be too happy going back to them if they can eventually introduce another flat rate service. If ANY other company ever offers a flat rate service, we would go with them

I think i am posting a little much to this topic, but I am getting that terrible old feeling i used to get a year ago. I am checking the on-line timer every 5 mins again, and feeling bad about staying on-line now. Damn this is so terrible, i am going to have to abondon updating my web-sites and designing sites for companies. Too expensive and stressful now frown.gif

Do you all remember that awful feeling frown.gif ?

Can't connect either.

Back in to nolimits, looks like esat are doing trial runs for the BIG day frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by angryuser:
    </font>

Same thing was happening for me this evening on IOL Free. I'd imagine it was, as you hinted, just a glitch - I just kept trying and got through properly on the 3rd dial. Annoying though - means I pay for 2 failed attempts, whatever the minimum cost of a local call is... I guess if they're completely per second now, that's ok... but they were 50 second calls.

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nahdoic:
    I think i am posting a little much to this topic, but I am getting that terrible old feeling i used to get a year ago. I am checking the on-line timer every 5 mins again, and feeling bad about staying on-line now. Damn this is so terrible, i am going to have to abondon updating my web-sites and designing sites for companies. Too expensive and stressful now frown.gif

Do you all remember that awful feeling frown.gif ?
    </font>

Yes i hated it then and i hate it now even more,my gawd i'm going to have to find something now to do during the evenings..my life is so damn shallow, sad thing is i'm not being sarcastic,hmm..big phone bills during cold turkey ... smile.gif

It may be a glitch - it happened when they tried to introduce the threee hour limit.

I would just like to say that there are not really that many of us and that to Stand Up to the likes of Esat and Eircom is probably a fruitless excercise; but I for one am up for it.

Its sad to see the report of the meeting with Esat last week - these people have NO idea, not even of what is going on in their own company! The three hour limit was never introduced to my knowledge, it never affected me or anyone else I know, they said that people found ways round it! Round what?
    God help us if these people are in charge of providing us with our connections! Get out thew tin cans and length of string!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm willing to lay odds it was a test to check they'd be able to disconnect us. I'm also willing to bet this where they came to check whether it was working or not. smile.gif

adam
    /the conspiracy theorist/

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    I'm willing to lay odds it was a test to check they'd be able to disconnect us. I'm also willing to bet this where they came to check whether it was working or not. smile.gif

adam
    </font>

Yep, a damn site more successful then the so called three hour cutoff that never happened.

I am having problems logging-on tonight via IOL NoLimits, and am also a recipient of "the letter". My Esat billing cycle is the 8th to the 8th. Maybe "D-Day" is coming early this year. I am presently connected from Cork via AOL to a 48,000 bps connection in Dublin.

Tom, you should be able to get back in now.

adam

Yes, I am on IOL NoLimits now, and it was only a few minutes after I posted via AOL.

I'm connected now to the internet via Eircom frown.giffrown.gif and am getting charged for every minute I am online frown.gif

I better go now, its getting expensive frown.gif

BYE BYE INTERNET, I really liked you,

till we meet again .........

www.EFtraining.com

http://www.thealexandriaclan.barrysworld.net

I'm connected now to the internet via Eircom frown.giffrown.gif and am getting charged for every minute I am online frown.gif

www.EFtraining.com

http://www.thealexandriaclan.barrysworld.net

Just had an unsettling thought. Could it be that we are being charged at ordinary rates since May 31st, even though we dial and connect through the IOL NoLimits number?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ando:

</font>

Don't go..please we miss you, honest we do..please..i miss you...i will miss me soon too....

In esat..no-one can hear you scream...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomF:
    Just had an unsettling thought. Could it be that we are being charged at ordinary rates since May 31st, even though we dial and connect through the IOL NoLimits number?</font>

I would think if they done this, that you'd have a right to sue, since they gave you no warning about it happening, and the fact that you are paying for FREE online time after 6pm

I am back again, to report as promised, but as like most others I was able log on to Esat at around 10pm. I probably agree with some of you, in that it could have been a test run ?? Anyway, I will report back tomorrow again, if there is any log on problems. Maybe others will do the same too ?

Yep, I am sure we will report any log in problems when they arise. One thing we are good at is complaining and moaning wink.gif ... it's about all we can do frown.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomF:
    I am presently connected from Cork via AOL to a 48,000 bps connection in Dublin.[/B]</font>

Sorry if this is a no-brainer but how are you on AOL? I thought they didn't operate here, only the rest of Europe! Or is this a different AOL?

Black Frank

I have an AOL subscription from my days in the good old USA where a local phone call was free. I kept my AOL subscription, a "no limits" one, $9.50 or so a month, and in Ireland have to use a connection that has a surcharge: I think it is 10 cents a minute. I dial a Dublin number, 01-246-1020 and get on AOL, then can surf or check email but it will be expensive if I do. ("Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, but they don't last long if they try.")

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:

adam
    </font>

I'd say that's highly likely... it seems it worked too biggrin.gif

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Oh dear, Min! Is he on fire, again?"

"I'd say that's highly likely... it seems it worked too"

Depends on your definition of "worked". If it had been for real, wouldn't we have been paying for each call that didn't authenticate?

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement