Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone actually get cutoff yesterday?

Options
  • 08-06-2001 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Havent seen the expected flood of ppl howling with pain at the outrage? Did it really happen to the unfortunates in this billing period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yep, as of today i cant access the newsgroups or log on through my no limits account at all grrrrrr i am just hoping we can manage to convince them to sort this whole mess out soon, we NEED flatrate!!!

wasn't IrelandOffline supposed to have another meeting with Esat before anyone got cut-off?

Yup! No more Flatrate, painfully slow, irritatinly difficult to connect nolimits. I just get a no such number tone (You know the DO DEE DOP sound) Well, it was nice to have some hope there for a while but did we really think we could beat the big boys at this. After all they consist of IOL, ESAT and OCEANFREE so they will still get a nice piece of the internet public pie. Eircom and indigo have such a bad reputation in this field. So I'm looking at other options, i might go with Chorus's Wireless ASDL service but i dont know. Its expensive at £40 a month with a 3gb limit. Sure its 6 to 10 times faster than dialup but 3GB's, i would use that in a week if i set my mind to it. oh well, its such a pain that we have to suffer trying to pick the best of a really really bad lot. Right I'm going to Mail genesiseurope.net and give my support to them to provide a lo-cost ASDL service to us.

Ours is not to reason why!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I tried dialing up this evening and it just times out on me when I try to connect so I presume I have been disconnected frown.gif

Shame cause my bill only arrives on the 16th so I was expecting to be connected until the 15th

ah well

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ronan|Raven:
    I tried dialing up this evening and it just times out on me when I try to connect so I presume I have been disconnected frown.gif

Shame cause my bill only arrives on the 16th so I was expecting to be connected until the 15th

ah well

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
    </font>

Hmm are you sure about this?, i remember trying to connect using another phone a while back and all i got was an engaged tone, they use caller id, which is different to a time out.

• Advertisement

btw dont hold your breath for genesiseurope, i rang the number on their website and i get:

"We're sorry, the number you have dialed, not in service"

well, my acct's dead too and that's it for me. Might play the odd game of action quake2 on Oceanfree (downloads/pings on Ocean make a mockery of Esat but there's no way anyone with half a brain would pay those idiots at Eircom 48p an hour, I sure as hell won't be online much at that price anyway)...

Later..

I haven't been cut off yet... mind you I'm no longer using SNL as freely as I used to. Never know... I might have been removed for the naughty ppl's list (LOL... wishful thinking).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Genesis Europe is gone. I apologise sincerely for being so upbeat about them in the past. I honestly believe they could have been the dogs gonads though.

adam

Straker, ye are naughty no doubt, and like all naughty ppl you will be spanked, being a good boy now won't help you know,someone already told on ya.

• Advertisement

Longfield,
    Heheh... I gathered as much, but it reminds me of a friend's good fortune from a couple of years ago.

He found that not only had IOL forgotten about him (ie. no bills for web access)... but Telecom (that's how long ago this happened) forgot he had a phone too. 24/7 was never so good.

Eventually, he became so paranoid of being caught, he let both companies know. Thankfully they `never charged him for arrears.... and he lived happily ever after.
    "The End".

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Genesis Europe is gone. I apologise sincerely for being so upbeat about them in the past. I honestly believe they could have been the dogs gonads though.
    </font>
    I'm sure there's some good stories there smile.gif.

They seem to have been involved in everything other than what they told the press here: Web development, co-location, long-distance telephone, video telephones and most recently PC peripherals. The whole thing was a bit creepy if you ask me.

I tried to send an email message to my IOL address from my AOL connection and when I checked mail, got the message "relaying denied". I suppose this means we can't check whether any mail has arrived in our old IOL NoLimits account.

Its a shame about Genisis europe, I wonder is it eircoms fault for taking so long to unbundle the local loop or something, maybe there investors got tired of waiting, although there website was a terrible hunk of s*** so maybe they were just chancing there arm.
    I'll tell you one thing though, i started using utv internet and my access speeds have shot up, i'm giving them my full support because they have nothing to do with either eircom or esat fusion (IOL, Esat and Ocean) so i think we should all do the same, they have had the monopoly for too long in this country...
    Anyone else no of non irish based ISP's that offer a better service here than our own... might make for interesting discussion.

Ours is not to reason why!!

Advertisement