Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Limits

Options
  • 09-06-2001 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, what are you doing - thru speculating as to the LIMIT Eircom will set on the ADSL you are giving off an air of tacit agreement that its acceptable, that you are prepared to put up with it! Believe me for an always on connection downloading up to 20 times faster 1, 3 even 6GBS is not going to be a whole lot.

Personally if I am going to pay £40 a month or more I am not prepared to pay it for any form of crippled service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think I noted this before, but in Germany you can get 768kbps ADSL for IR£20 per month with unlimited data transfer.

Whilst I have no doubt that Eircom will charge more than that, and offer slower speeds, I hope they won't try to limit data transfer as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I agree, although I did a bit of speculating myself. All we have is that Eircom have "confirmed" that they will offer ADSL in September. They have done this before and then found some excuse. They allways announce their excuse just prior to the release date.

Anyone remember the "six to eight weeks" form letter?

It could simply be that one of the bidders in the current competition was enquiring about the technical competence of Eircom given that they have been "testing" ADSL for at least three years wink.gif.

Or maybe the bidder was worried that LLU would succeed against Eircom's delaying tactics and that Eircom did not have a competing product.

Advertisement