Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Chance of an Update???

Options
  • 09-06-2001 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance of some kind of update from the comittee? Ya seem to have gone a bit quiet of late, although I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes :-)

Seems like people are starting to get kicked off now: so what happened to the "second" meeting? Hope it hasn't gone the same way as the second letter!

Please keep us informed of what you're up to eh!

p.s. hope everyone has sent their letters off to their TD. Good work there.

All the best

Black Frank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black Frank:
    Any chance of some kind of update from the comittee? Ya seem to have gone a bit quiet of late, although I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes :-)

</font>

Unfortunately, Esat haven't given us second meeting yet, but we are working on a number of things; hope to bring people up to date early next week and aim for meeting in about 2 weeks

Martin Harran

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black Frank:
    although I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes :-)

</font>

Sorry I couldn't be more specific earlier today, but as example of what we are doing "behind the scenes", see the new topic "IrelandOffline meets the Minister for Public Enterprise. "
    smile.gif

In view of what took place at your 1st meeting Martin, and the promise of a 2nd meeting, are Esat still going ahead with 'booting' users off ??? I would have thought that if they were genuine, they would defer 'action' for the time being at least until you have met again ???

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by angryuser:
    In view of what took place at your 1st meeting Martin, and the promise of a 2nd meeting, are Esat still going ahead with 'booting' users off ??? I would have thought that if they were genuine, they would defer 'action' for the time being at least until you have met again ???

</font>

Have to admit that I am very disappointed that they did this, also the latest mess they have made of disconnecting people 'on the list' and having to reconnect them.

IMO they seem to be locked onto some sort of self destruct path as far as PR goes frown.gif

Anyway, Elana is going to try to contact them on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:

Anyway, Elana is going to try to contact them on Monday.
    </font>

Sounds like a good idea- the next public IrelandOffline meeting should be very interesting indeed- I'm looking forward to it and hoping for a decent sized crowd!

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Advertisement

Thanks Martin. Seems like Esat is making a *B....UP* of everything they can !! Some contributors have expressed 'scepticism'
    about Esat's eventual motives and their present 'committment' to resolving the problem, and I have to admit I am tending towards that camp myself now..!! I know you are doing a great job, along with your other members, and we all appreciate it greatly, but I am beginning to wonder if Esat are actually committed to anything, except perhaps the heavy boot..?? Anyway, good luck, here's wishing you success.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Had an interesting call to customer care on Friday (at least from my point of view, not so much from the point of progress for us all) - my father's account got cut off on Friday (like so many others), although he had phoned and got his name on "the list" on time. Seems the chap putting his name on the list made a ****up of it and didn't even put the call itself in the notes. The Esat rep swore blind that the call was never made, the joy of manually recording details of calls on their end. I'm feeling in a malicious mood and to that end will be running my own modem into the ground at full transfer rates until my turnaround to the non-existant 75 hour limit on the 24th

Advertisement