Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.U.T. to fold after fulfilling it's objectives

Options
  • 11-06-2001 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

From http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/19609.html :
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

The Campaign for Unmetered Telecommunications (CUT) - which did so much to champion the cause of flat-rate Net access in Britain - is to fold.

At its annual general meeting (AGM) its membership voted unanimously to dissolve the pressure group after conceding that its task of fighting for unmetered net access had been won.

In a brief statement CUT said: "After three years of effort, the Campaign had fulfilled its objectives - there being sustainable unmetered telecommunications at reasonable cost in the United Kingdom - and that it was time to stop when ahead.

"Committee members will continue to contribute to industry events and discussions on their own initiative," it said.

</font>

(More at linked page)

Well done and congrats to the C.U.T. - let's hope that IrelandOffline has at least as much success as them.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Second that - nice to see that ALL targets and achivements were met - hopefully we can do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd just like to say here that this has got to be great encouragement for the Irish equivalent. We matter. Bard and others are fighting the good fight and they deserve every thanks and praise, they represent a lot of Irish internet users and as such i hope they can achieve the same. I salute you IrelandOffline, keep fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well done C.U.T and as already stated this gives great encouragement to irelandoffline, I would hope that it does not take 3 years. If the work that has done by our committee (in such a short time) is anything to go by it definetely won't be!

Advertisement