Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Im really confused

Options
  • 11-06-2001 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was dumped off SNL on the 8th as I expected, and out of curiosity I clicked on the icon tonight and got connected!!..Have ESAT actually honoured the 75hrs??..Is this still going to cost me the same??...If I keep below the 75hrs per month do I keep the SNL connection??..Can somebody please clarify this for me?...As as aside, I'v been using utvinternet for the past few days and find them fine, pages and email are downloading much quicker than iol and I have not been cut off once!!...mind you, Im clock watching again.

~Z~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Same Here, Whats Goin On??

i meant to actually dial up w/ my IOL FREE A/c but accidentally used the old SNL button-
    I haven't been able to access SNL since last friday & I though that was either because my billing cycle had ended or because I had had a big barny on the Phone w/ ESAT-(similar to another user re: 75hr List- The dumb*** who had told me I was on the list never logged my call & they told metough sh**)

Never mind I dont really care- & by the way they have no right to charge us for using the service- I went straight into the "Your connected to SNL" etc. page so I am only using on what they have prompted me is the service I am using.

If, as me, you are just as dismayed please comment.

80p.

80project.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

80project, same thing happened to my father's account. What did they say when you rang? Any comeback? I'm currently pestering them on his behalf (same thing, he rang in, call wasn't logged) as with two studenty types in their late teens home for the next few months the phone bills could hurt

(I do have the assurance though that mine is OK, believe that if you like etc)

Yes it was your post I had read today before I logged on.

The problem i Had was that i called up on the day I received the letter. i rang the number on the top of the letter which was to the Marketing Department who were very "Nicey Nice" about the whole thing and asked would i be interested in the 75hr deal. The problem was that whoever the scatter brain was I talked to never logged the bloody call so in effect they had no record I'd ever called to get on the list.

Of course I tried to explain this to them over the phone but no luck. I even had the proof from the itemised bill to prove I called and I also had an e-mail read on the Pat Kenny Show about the 75hr offer that I had on tape. But they were having none of it- "The list has been made & we cant put anymore a/c's on it". i ordinarily would have fought this tooth and nail but ....

Convieniently ESAT called while I was waiting for a call back re: a job interview so I wasn't exactly in the mood to protract the conversation so I was very blunt w/ them, told them i would never use your products again & I'm switching my mobile to Eircell etc., So I haven't heard from them since last friday and I dont know what the current situation is.

They told me my bill cycle was the 8th but I'm still online? They dont have any comeback if they try to make us pay for using the service. how were we to know ?(tongue in cheek!)We're just using the service as the SNL start up page suggests-

If anyone can explain this , I'd like to hear. However I think we should try and keep it as quiet as we can just in case its an admin error and we're never billed!!
    80p. tongue.gif

80project.com

Wait until the next phone bill drops thro' your letterbox. wink.gif

I think I'll also keep an eye on my hours spent online this month... just incase Esat are showing some consideration (ie. 75hr "limit")

This reminds me of Esat's 3hr disconnection doodad... that never happened. :/

I'm a little anxious about that too, i should be cutoff by now..has 75hours cut in ?, ie do i fail to connect this month once thats surpassed?.

• Advertisement

Nobody knows. Just speculation at present.

"If" there is a monthly limit of use, I wouldn't be surprised if the onus of "clock watch" is passed on the customer.

... more speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Straker:

This reminds me of Esat's 3hr disconnection doodad... that never happened. :/
    </font>

Apparently, according to Esat - it was implemented- it just didn't work.

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This is very weird alright after reading this topic i tried to connect to my accout that ahd been "terminated" and low and behold im on snl again!

although if my meory serves me right my bro rang em up and enquired could we be put on the 75 hour malarky but hey said it wasnt been implemnted :0/

Oh well ill use if for the moment but im wary!!!................

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, same thing happened to me... I rang up and asked about it, and guess what, they disconnected me (again). No 75 hour dealy either.

Geeezee Stephen, Im sorry to hear that!!..Thanks for letting us know though, I was thinking of ringing them tomorrow...Won't be doing THAT now!!

~Z~

• Advertisement

I think that is the approach we should take-
    KEEP OUR MOUTHS SHUTS- I think this topic should remain incognito until further confirmation, it may be an admin error (believe me these sort of things all the time!)- Also Remember we do know that ACT has a tendancy to check out this site.
    So mmayb there should be no more threads re: "You know What"

Just a suggestion

80p.

80project.com

Because of the confusion that there still is, I have posted Explanation of '75 Hour Issue' as a new topic

Martin Harran

Advertisement