Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75 hours is official: COMMITTEE TAKE NOTE

Options
  • 16-06-2001 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't connect today and when I rang Customer Care I was informed that I had been cut off. I was shocked because I rang them on the 21st May to accept their 75 hours per month offer and I was told that the person who took my call never logged it and worse I couldn't remember her name.

I was further told that persons like me who have and will be cut off have no hope of being reconnected.

I have one faint hope left. I sent Esat a letter on 23rd May to confirm my phone call of the 21st. They told me to send a copy of the letter and they will look into it tuesday.

What a way to run a company. I won't be surprised to learn someone has binned my letter. I will report back on the outcome.

Committee take note: your posting of the 12th June (o donnell abu) saying "Their is no 75 hour rule now in existence" has been been suddenly and callously superceded today by Esat.

Regards, Bannerman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Totally similar experience here Bannerman.

See this thread http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000081.html

Look @ about the 4th post down by myself.

There's no doubt they're literally pulling the plug on users.

80p.

80project.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bannerman:
    Committee take note: your posting of the 12th June (o donnell abu) saying "Their is no 75 hour rule now in existence" has been been suddenly and callously superceded today by Esat.

Regards, Bannerman
    </font>

Read the post again, Bannerman.

The point I was making was that 75 hours was used to identify those who were to be disconnected. Some people who were told they could stay on were under the impression that they would be automatically cut off or charged per minute if they went over 75 hours. This is not the case.

In regard to your experience, it's a pity you didn't note the name of the person you spoke to. In the days following the issue of the letter, Elana Kehoe on ie.comp did warn people to keep careful note of when they rang Customer Care, who they spoke to and what was said. That's not meant as a criticism, by the way, it's just that it's become painfully obvious that you can't trust anything said to you by Esat Customer Care.

I have been in touch with ACT by telephone this week and told him that Esat had made a complete balls of this (my actual words!) again. People who were told they could stay on were disconnected and reconnected when they complained; some people who got the letter but didn't go on 'the list' were not disconnected.

I really don't know what to say about this whole fiasco except to repeat what I said before - IMO, Esat seem to be locked onto some self-destruct programme as far as relationships with their users are concerned
    frown.gif

Martin

[This message has been edited by o_donnel_abu (edited 16-06-2001).]

Thanks for answering my post Martin and taking the time to explain things so fully.

I really appreciate everything you and the other committee members are doing.

Regards, Bannerman

No prob, thx for support smile.gif

[This message has been edited by o_donnel_abu (edited 17-06-2001).]

I got disconnected today, but i have my billing cycle on the 24th. The thing is that i couldnt connect in the whole day. The connection sai there was no response from the server.

Anyway, in my opinion i think ACT just nice stuff to you (O-Donnell-Abu), to make people feel that they weren't gonna be cut off .. but after that they did, and he's being saying about a second meeting, and nothing happened. I'm just pointing out, some stuff happening, and they (ESAT) think we are plain, brain-less people that think like machines, just do what they want to.

WEll, O-Donnell-Abu, you've got my best support. You're doing great and thanks for your time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement