Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BT Ads

Options
  • 23-06-2001 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen the new "BT Internet Anytime" ads running (on Sky especially). The one comparing the interent to a cute puppy or ball, you want to play w/ all the time but are ltd because of the cost etc. and a spoil sport father who keeps ruining your fun!

how ironic!! Pity BT/East dont adopt the same attitude here (or Eircom for that matter).
    In the general sense, the marketing dept. in Bt has got this one spot on and fair dues for an effective ad. Maybe they should ship some of these smooth operators to the Esat Marketing Dept over here. (Believe me they're needed)

80p.

80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

80projects, to be fair, BT (through Esat) can't realistically offer the same service in the Republic without Eircom offering wholesale unmetered interconnect rates.

And to answer your question about the new BT Anytime ads, I think they're running on Channel 4 as well.

I know obviously the regulatory climate is different but just thought they were hilarious, if not slightly upsetting, hearing the (low) prices for in effect no limits.

My real point was the great discrpancy in marketing ability between BT & its subsidiaries. A Rather glaring difference I think you'd agree!!

80p.

80project.com

I saw that add myself and the one thing that struck was,they are one f'n bunch of hypocrites..ffs they were the reason CUT came in existance and THEY have a large part to play in Irelandoffline coming into being.

Advertisement