Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT vs EIRCOM

Options
  • 23-06-2001 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think that what we should focus as well is to speak with Eircom. They're the real problem in our issue. Try to convince them to offer a flat-rate service (even though they don't offer a whole flat sale to ESAT).

If we can achieve first that, the rest will come smoothly .. but trying to speak with Esat about something is not profitable for them is not really worth it. Don't missunderstand me, I dont mean the Association is not doing a good job, but in my opinion I will focus in Eircom, or Eircom.NET.

As a I said, you're doing a good job. Good Luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JamworkS:
    I think that what we should focus as well is to speak with Eircom.
    </font>

We wrote to Eircom last Monday requesting a meeting, pointing out that we had already met Mary O'Rourke, staff from the Dept. of Public Enterprise, Esat and are hoping to meet ODTR soon. Awaiting reply.

Note: we deliberately didn't contact Eircom or ODTR until after we had met MOR and Dept as we felt this would give us more 'clout' in asking for meetings smile.gif

Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bah! I though that was going to be a Death Match announcement or summat. There's something I'd like to see! smile.gif

Anyway, talking to Eircom - and everyone else involved - is not a bad thing, but you have to remember that Eircon are unlikely to unbundle the local loop until they're TOLD.

adam

Advertisement