Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this link .......... !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

that link used to redirect you to eircom.ie homepage.
    nice that eircom have done something with it.

So how about we all help out Eircom with their marketing (and give Anne Corcoran a hand with getting the hard facts) by doing exactly what Eircom are asking ......

If you would like us to note your interest in the rollout of ADSL from eircom, please e-mail your details to the following address adslmarketing@eircom.net . Please include the following

Name, Address, contact number (include the area code).
    Which number you would be interested in upgrading to ADSL (it can be the same as your contact number)
    Whether you are a residential or business customer.
    If you are a business customer please tell us the type of business you are in, the number of PC's you have and whether or not they are networked.
    Should you be eligible for ADSL service from eircom, we will revert back to you later in the summer with details.

Its on the www.adsl.ie link mentioned by ando.

I mailed them on Friday and got a reply the next day. Let us know how you get on!

here, here i agree with Dangger, we should ALL mail that address. I am just going to write my mail up (off-line) in a sec.

Dangger did it sound like an automated bot reply or was there some human involvement in it?

Here is the reply I got. They mailed me twice on Friday. There is definitely a REAL live human dealing with it not a bot!!!! smile.gif

> Dear David
    >
    > Thank you for your query recently about ADSL. We have tested your line and
    unfortunately it does not meet the trial specifications.
    >
    > I have your e-mail address and will include you in updates as they happen.
    Further updates will appear on www.eircom.ie as they occur.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Dave Wilkins
    >
    >
    > < Dear David
    > <
    > < I have passed your telephone number to a colleague to test your line.
    As soon as I have a result I will get back to you.
    > <
    > < Regards,
    > <
    > < David Wilkins
    > < Marketing Programmes Manager
    > < ADSL Marketing and Planning
    > < Eircom

Perhaps if enough people submit a request of interest to Eircom, by the replies we get we could dtermine two things:

1. What exchanges are ready for ADSL. I have seen in previous posts that most of the exchanges are meant to be DSLAM'ed up and ready to roll but it'll be interesting.

2. Their interest in business roll out and residential roll out. I came across as a business user in my posts to them. My guess is that they would be more interested in delaing with businesses first, but at least they will get an idea as to the demand from both.

May I suggest we set up a dedicated thread for feedback and perhaps you could mail IrelandOffline with your progress and any feedback you feel relevant, we could for example start building up a map of exchanges with trials running and therefore determine the areas to be served first. That is of course only if they actually give someone out there a positive reply!!

• Advertisement

well I have sent my letter off to Eircom with a special note attached for Ms. Anne Corcoran.

I will let you know what response I get. It's pretty good though that an actual Eircom employee replied to you smile.gif maybe there is hope.

Originally posted by Dangger:
    Perhaps if enough people submit a request of interest to Eircom...

I suggest that in addition to everyone logging their interest with eircom, we should all ALSO do the same with Esat at their page: http://register.esatfusion.ie/adsl/adslform.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well spotted ando.

adam

jeez !!!! I only started this topic 4 hours ago and look how many responces there is !! Woah !! lol

By the way, I've also just sent my letter off to that email address.... if i get a responce, I'll inform yas !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hi,
    I contacted them with my details yesterday, and have just received a reply:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We are scheduled to have the first rollout of ADSL from Eircom later this Autumn. There is an operational trial in 9 Dublin exchange areas this summer.

Please keep an eye on the ADSL pages on www.eircom.ie for further developments. I have noted you e-mail address and as soon as we have further information we will contact you.</font>

At least they're fast to reply wink.gif

Brendan

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bkehoe:
    Hi,
    I contacted them with my details yesterday, and have just received a reply:
    At least they're fast to reply wink.gif
    </font>

Brendan, I got the same reply today. Maybe there should be a prize for the first person to get one saying "congratulations, we have actually upgraded *your* exchange!"

John

I got the same reply today:

"We are scheduled to have the first rollout of ADSL from Eircom later this
    Autumn. There is an operational trial in 9 Dublin exchange areas this
    summer.

Please keep an eye on the ADSL pages on www.eircom.ie for further
    developments. I have noted you e-mail address and as soon as we have
    further information we will contact you.

Kind regards

David Wilkins
    Marketing Programmes Manager
    ADSL Marketing and Planning
    Eircom"

yeah, pretty much the same responce for me !

Same reply here too - including the typo!!!

Mike

Greetings,
    Because my email addy was despammed I had a phone call from David Wilkins this morning. He couldn't give me any details but thought most exchanges would be ADSL capable by the end of the year although he couldn't be definite. He sounded very reasonable, told me he was not technicial and didn't understand the details. I had a email from him this evening when I came on line similar to everyone else's.

n1800

at least eircom are prepared to talk about their launch of adsl in some form, which is a lot further than we have got so far with eircom!

Even though they won't get into detail, I still see it as a good step forward !

BTW, where is Dublin 9 ???? just wondering !

I got a reply identical to Dangger's above.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have passed your telephone number to a colleague to test your line.
    As soon as I have a result I will get back to you.</font>
    I've not yet got the reply saying I don't meet the technical criteria. I expect that soon.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">...BTW, where is Dublin 9 ???? just wondering ![/B]</font>

I think they mean NINE Dublin exchanges rather than Dublin 9 exchanges!!... smile.gif

Mike

Advertisement