Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Wilkin's mobile number

Options
  • 26-06-2001 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As many of you on this board will probably know, David Wilkin's is Eircom's head of ADSL marketing. His mobile number is:

<EDIT>Number removed. Would like to apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused. - urban</EDIT>

<EDIT>Just to make this clear: PLEASE DO NOT FLAME HIM, the reason I posted David's number is so that people know who at Eircom they can talk to about ADSL, and also to show Eircom that there is indeed a market for xDSL services.</EDIT>

[This message has been edited by Urban Weigl (edited 26-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Urban Weigl (edited 26-06-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

your an a$$hole.
    This is the guy who could really improve your net experience and your fuKing with him.
    get a life.
    and investigation....his number is on the sig of all his emails.

And i got an email from him telling me that someone had posted his number on the net, be a good sport and edit it out.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 26-06-2001).]

It wasn't on the sigs of the email I got from him. Anyway, I'm not suggesting you flame him. Just if you have a question about ADSL to call him -- the only purpose is to let Eircom know that there is a market for ADSL.

Sorry if I mislead you.

although its nice to be able to contact someone directly, what impression do you
    think, adsl hungry geeks calling this guy all the time will make?
    Leave this to irelandoffline team.
    wink.gif
    sorry to snap at you.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

chernobyl, that's okay. wink.gif

I think the thousands of pounds I have paid Eircom over the years for service that is so poor that my line drops after 5 minutes gives me the right to get a little angry at them from time to time though. And hey, at least I'm just using words and numbers to describe my feelings about them, not guns. biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Urban Weigl:

[SNIP - Quoted mobile phone number removed]
    </font>

Personnally I think putting someone's mobile number on a web page is wrong, unless you have that persons express permission. Even though you ask for him NOT to be flamed it more than likely will happen. It is one thing to put email addresses for the likes of Anne Corcoran(I wish),but telephones are, for some people a necessity for private contacts and not just for work.
    I too would like you to get rid of this.

[EDIT: If you believed it was wrong for someone to put a mobile number up like that you shouldn't have QUOTED it!!! - Bard]

[This message has been edited by MOD018 (edited 26-06-2001).]

• Advertisement

That's his business mobile phone; I would never post someones private phone number without permission.

I've removed the number now. I hope everybody is happy -- I can see how posting it in the first place probably was not a very constructive thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

obewan - as you can see, I've edited your post - this is because you quoted Urban Weigl's ORIGINAL message which contained the mobile number.

I'm sorry I wasn't around at the time or I'd have simply deleted this topic as soon as Urban created it... thing is I'm just back from a week's holidays.

Do NOT post up mobile numbers here when you know it's going to lead to them being flamed... and do NOT do it without their prior permission... It's basic common sense! Anyone who does such a thing or sends nasty or obscene phone calls or text messages to ANYONE (particularly the people in Esat, Eircom, the ODTR, etc.) does not represent IrelandOffline in any way.

(Jeez... you go away for 5 minutes...!)

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 26-06-2001).]

Advertisement