Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL trials for 9 dublin exchanges

Options
  • 27-06-2001 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The 9 dublin exchanges (or 10 it would appear) that Eircom are going to be carrying out ADSL trials on are

Sandyford
    Dundrum
    Ballyboden
    Rathmines
    Tallaght
    Walkinstown
    Terenure
    Priory Park
    Crown Alley
    Sandyford RSU

So if you are in any of those areas it would be definitely worth your while checking out www.adsl.ie and getting Eircom to check your line, to see if you can take part in the trials.

I unfortunately am not in any of those areas frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

is this the commercial trials their ment to start in a week or so, or is this the internal trials that have been going on for years, if its commercial, yeaaa we might have adsl sometime soon, if no its nothing new

Why in Gods name are they rolling out dsl trials in tallaght? Afaik people there already have broadband courtesy of NTL. They shuold concentrate on the North of Dublin and the rest of the country like Galway and Cork for instance. You would think they have apes running Eircom. My jaysus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Because the exchanges already have DSLAM's in 'em probably.

adam

It is a bit annoying that there is adsl trials in tallaght seeing that tallaght already has broadband !!??!! frown.gif

I thought that was interesting too, especially since NTL complained about the takeup of broadband in Tallaght. I think that the only people suprised by this waw the marketing department. Any PC user could of told them it would flop there. If they tried it along the dart line they would have been complaining about the higher than expected uptake imho.

• Advertisement

strainge you say that, i was just thinking the other day that the dart line goes through the area i would expect the highest broadband turn out

Advertisement