Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ombudsman?

Options
  • 28-06-2001 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all.
    I have a question as you can see from the topics avatar wink.gif Can we bring Eircoms actions to the attention of the Ombudsman for the state? I know Eircom are privately owned, but is there any sort of ombudsman we can talk to? They might be able to help us reprimand Eircom for screwing us around. Maybe we could nab Eircom for breaching the Sales of Goods and Supply of services act 1980, and the consumer information act of 1978. As said on this board, Eircom have been promising xDSL for years, but they haveny delivered. Surely this is in breach of the Sales of Goods and services act? Hmm makes you wonder.

Quotes from Eircoms 'high-speed' page on their website.
    "There is no other product quite like eircom hi-speed available at such low cost. The incredible power of an eircom hi-speed line is matched by an installation price of just £98.18 (incl VAT).

Also, you pay £34.80 (incl VAT) a month rental - replacing the current rental on your ordinary phone line with your hi-speed line, which provides you with two channels, all the benefits of digital quality sound, graphics and faster download times.

Please note

For faster connections between eircom hi-speed and your PC you will need an ISDN modem (available from eircom for only £89.26)

There may also be a change in the cost of your ISP access. At 64kb/s it is typically free, however you will have to confirm this with your ISP. The cost of ISP access at 128kb/s differs depending on your ISP"

Well thats self explanatory. I believe that Eircom in this case are in violation of the Consumer information act 1978. ISDN is very expensive as we all know.

Well thats my rant over for now. Any of your ideas would help wink.gif

Thanks for reading,
    Matfin

Oh btw Im using the house line to post this, and my brother is shouting at me to get the f*** of the internet because he is expecting calls smile.gif <Shudder> Oh I remember the days smile.gif. I can only go online for a half an hour a day to check emails smile.gif

Advertisement