Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eIsland up bid for eircom, new value 3 billion

Options
  • 29-06-2001 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

its in the times, i cant see any of this being good, the company is never worth 3 billion, and im afraid we will see a repeat of the cablelink think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    its in the times, i cant see any of this being good, the company is never worth 3 billion, and im afraid we will see a repeat of the cablelink think</font>

I like Denis, this is just hilarious. First he s*****d NTL when they bought cablelink, now he's doing the same to Tony O'Reilly. The sooner he's back in Telecoms (maybe he could buy cablelink back) the better for all of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Controversial, but I'm with you all the way hmmm. I hope he sticks it to the man.

"Oh Dinny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling..."

Oops...

Course, I also hopes he sticks it to Eircom by immediately unbundling the local loop when he takes control. If he doesn't, I may just go postal. Now, where's that Glock?

adam

i agree, hes probably the best, but the idea hes going to unbundle the local loop just to stick it the the company he will then own is insane.

When we see adsl being sold by eircom we will see llu afew months later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i agree, hes probably the best, but the idea hes going to unbundle the local loop just to stick it the the company he will then own is insane.</font>

It was a joke Gladiator, ha ha?

adam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    i agree, hes probably the best, but the idea hes going to unbundle the local loop just to stick it the the company he will then own is insane.
    </font>

I don't see him taking over Eircon, or even wanting to at this stage. What he is doing is forcing Valentia to up their bid, forcing them to pay uneconomic amounts for Eircom. The only alternative is for the Board & the ESOT to support his bid (which would make them choke over their cornflakes and champagne, or whatever they have for breakfast).

He did roughly the same to NTL - when purchasing cablelink they put in a 2nd lowest bidder plus % bid (I think 15%?). So Denis comes up with a skyhigh figure and NTL are, well we know where they are now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement