Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this makes me sick,, esat are addvertising ADSL

Options
  • 29-06-2001 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

on their main website they have an add for ADSL

you click the link and its the same old stuff, they havent moved on an inch in 6 months and now they are running adds for a service they have no idea them selves when they will be able to release it or even if they can

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 29-06-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not alone are they running ads, but if you resgister, they say that you will be updated monthly on the status of the ADSL thingy.

I registered, oh, about 2-3 months ago. I've had ONE update!! And all that basically said was what you could read on the ADSL FAQ section of the page on the ESATFusion site!

Mike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's probably just to strike back at Eircom for adsl.ie (which I believe a few people are taking issue with on IEDR-FORUM, since ADSL is apparently copyright protected). Ah, don't complain about it, it might be a sign that things are progressing. It might not, but I reckon we have more important things to give out about.

adam

I got this email about ADSL from esat on the 6th of March 2000

Many thanks for contacting us regarding the forthcoming introduction
    of our ADSL service.

Like you we are really excited about the implications for Internet users -
    particularly in terms of increased speed and cost benefits.

At the moment we are putting the finishing touches to our roll-out
    plan and a comprehensive ADSL brochure will be available in the near
    future which will spell out all the details you are likely to need. We
    will forward a copy as soon as it becomes available.

Once again, thanks for your interest and if you will just bear with us
    for a short time longer, you can soon avail of the time-saving and
    money-saving benefits which ADSL will bring.

I haven't recievd updates or anything since, what a pile of crap.

Farls

[This message has been edited by Farls (edited 29-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Adam- where is this IEDR Forum?

It's hard to see how Eircom qualify can for eligibility to own the "adsl.ie" domain.

Bard
    Vidi, Vici, Veni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I think this is the site ur looking for http://www.domainregistry.ie/forum/

• Advertisement

New Topic in todays Irish Times about the ADSL tryouts due to take place this monday, read it and weep really....

http://scripts.ireland.com/technology/showall.cfm?ID=1276

Farls

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Farls:
    New Topic in todays Irish Times about the ADSL tryouts due to take place this monday, read it and weep really....

http://scripts.ireland.com/technology/showall.cfm?ID=1276

Farls
    </font>

it will be out in september, the old TV things not going to hold it up, eircom could get the go ahead for tv over adsl lines tomorrow and wouldnt take it up, they wont invest the type of money needed for it,

really tv on adsl lines insnt a deciding factor on rolling out adsl, but is on how more its rolled out and on what level.

PS i dotn actually see that in todays irish times section

the article itself is very worrying and throws up all sort of permutations that the cmtee. needs to discuss w/ "Miss Doyle"- namely what are her powers to Fine the telcos for non-compliance and why is she, as the article states, "side stepping" the important issues. Why were these not decided before?
    Also why have NTL been allowed, not only too dig up every road in Dublin, @ huge inconvience to all taxpayers and still not rolled out the services they have promised since March '99. (i have evidence of this!) Further to this point why are Esat allowed to advertise ADSL, when in fact the opening line of their FAQ page clearly states: "ADSL is not currently available". Maybe if she curbed their elaborate expenditure on advertising & false advertising, the cash pile would be preserved. I think someone needs to remind Etain this job is not one she just turns up for 9-5, Mon to Fri, for a chat w/ the gals @ the coffee machine. This is an issue of vital importance to many taxpayers and maybe she should start producing results as oppossed to issuing very nicey nice press releases every now & again, that make sure not to offend anyone, yet in reality only infuriate net users. C'mon Etain, GET TO WORK!
    yours unashamedly,
    80p.

80project.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    Also why have NTL been allowed ... and still not rolled out the services they have promised since March '99. ... Further to this point why are Esat allowed to advertise ADSL
    </font>

Both covered in my "ODTR - Proposed Issues and Questions" post elsewhere on this forum.

Martin Harran

6 words of advice

"Dont take no for an answer"

Do us proud Martin!!

80p.

80project.com

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Farls:

This is rather strange! This is old material published in the Irish Times some time ago, so why is it dated today? To the best of my knowledge Eircom have given up on the TV idea (it is most likely that it was a delaying tactic)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by infomat:
    published in the Irish Times some time ago, so why is it dated today? </font>
    ireland.com or the
    irish times always show today's date
    jd

I see, rather strange for a newspaper tho do you not think jd? I mean i only accidentally came across it a lot earlier today

Farls

"lemme alone the pub a'int easy!"

[This message has been edited by Farls (edited 30-06-2001).]

it cant be that old if they are talking about commercial trials starting monday

Which monday? The article is not dated.

good point,
    but judging by that other piece in the times about a month ago about commerical trials starting in four weeks time i figured it would start next week or the week after.

and since (as far as i know) these are the first commercial trials outside ennis i have to persume the article has to be pretty new, that not to say its up to date as the irish times tech section has gone to hell and it could just be aload to fill pages

Advertisement