Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and broadband through a digital tv set top box

Options
  • 02-07-2001 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

as we all know ntl are plaining to release digital tv in afew month,

but ive heard rumors about them bringing broadband through the set top box it some way and that this will happen from day one,

this kinda fits in with what ntl told me about some area getting broadband when digital tv comes out.

has anybody got anymore info on this, like maybe how exactly do they plain to do this if they dont upgrade to two way, and how far reachign will it be, ie just the south side of dublin, all dublin are all ntl areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

NTL can barely get existing TV signals down their 30 year old cable, let alone broadband.

true but they have to releasedigital soon or loose their exclusive deal. odtr has allready given them 6 months, i dont think she can again.
    if fact i think it would be wrong to

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    true but they have to releasedigital soon or loose their exclusive deal. odtr has allready given them 6 months, i dont think she can again.
    if fact i think it would be wrong to
    </font>

NTL are rolling out 'limited digital services' i.e. TV on the existing cable which meets the terms of their licence. The ODTR couldn't give two figs what NTL do as they're too busy drafting self congratulary press releases.

Advertisement