Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl will be for hme user allso, read in

Options
  • 03-07-2001 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

this is on eircoms site

Thank you for your interest in ADSL and eircom's plans to bring this new service to customers.
    Our aim is to offer the best ADSL enabled service we can, to as many customers as possible,
    from Autumn this year.
    From Monday July 2nd '01 we will be conducting an operational trial of ADSL technology.
    The purpose of the trial is to test the end to end processes related to the technology.
    The rollout of ADSL requires a significant technological upgrade of each telephone
    exchange. 9 exchanges in Dublin are being upgraded for the trial to allow for a proportionate
    cross-section of customers. The planned upgrading of additional exchanges at launch will
    ensure that we reach as many of our customers as possible with a quality product within a
    short time period.

The benefits of ADSL are expected to attract particular interest from the business community.
    However, we will be inviting both business and residential customers, whose telephone line
    meet the pre-qualification criteria, to come on the trial.

Customers will be contacted by mail and will be asked to call a dedicated freefone number to
    apply for the trial. The limited number of places on the trial will be allocated on a first come,
    first served basis and installations will commence on Monday July 2nd '01.

Details of our ADSL product offering at launch are still under discussion with the other service
    providers and the Telecommunications Regulator. However, as soon as we are in a position to
    provide customers with more specific details of our ADSL offering and our plans for launch, we
    will do so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What's this criteria we have to meet?

I'll have to get me that I've been waiting years for ADSL!

Well grrrrrrrrr this is typical frown.gif My so called High-Speed line goes down at the week-end and i just got it back today and now i find out about this trial for ADSL and its too late to apply for it frown.gif

Thank You Eircom frown.gif

Mike

if other rollouts of adsl (in other countries obviously) are anything to go by then of course the exchange ure on will have to be upgraded, ure phone line will have to be of an acceptable quality and u will have to be a certain distance from the exchange to get optimal performance. I think the optimal distance is about 3km, after that you wouldnt get the full whack of bandwidth.

Luckily for me, I'm 1.2km's from the exchange and as I live in the town of future pepsi production and lotsa important businesses, I'm sure our exchanges will be upgraded lickity split! So bring on the trials, I need bandwidth here...

(hope that answered ure q)

well all i can say is it looks good for a september release. weather that will be just the select 9 exchange or what whos knows.

i wouldnt dont think the 3km think matters, i think its 5 miles up to that they can provide 516k adsl, or something like it,

heh glad they also got rid of the stuff about digital tv it seems they have updated that site,,here is hoping for sept release and upgrade of a rake of exchanges
    come to cork eircom dont leave uz out

routine? expectations? competition? happiness? commitment? infatuation? virginity?
    respect? marriage? adultery? money? carnal knowledge? love?...
    ... blah, blah, blah

p.s i want dsl

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Barra:
    come to cork eircom dont leave uz out</font>

here here barra. Come to county cork first eircom... forget about the city for a while.. we need it more

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Barra:
    heh glad they also got rid of the stuff about digital tv it seems they have updated that site,,here is hoping for sept release and upgrade of a rake of exchanges
    come to cork eircom dont leave uz out

</font>
    i dont really know were they were coming from keeping the figital tv thing going, it was dead in the water ages ago, and i think they have allready fired all their multimedia workers so how did they plain to do it with no staff.

PS Wooooohoooooooooo

Advertisement