Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsgroup

Options
  • 01-07-2001 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What's the name of the server for your newsgroup. I put in Outlook ie.comp as as it is obvious it didnt find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ie.comp isn't "our" newsgroup...

If you want to get to it anyway, what usenet (newsgroups) server you use depends on what ISP you use to connect to the Internet. If you're not one of the following, check with your own ISP.

Eircom.net/Indigo: news1.eircom.net
    Esat/IOL: news.iol.ie
    DNA/UTV Internet: news.utvinternet.com

You will also need a newsreader program (Outlook Express does this, I'm not sure about Outlook) - I'd recommend Free Agent for this.

--

The easier way, for those who are "uninitiated" to Usenet, would be to use Google Groups to access it at http://groups.google.com/

To go straight to ie.comp using Google Groups, click here.

Hope this helps.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bard who are you connected with cuz your always on?....hehe....ur fone bill is either massive or your workin undercover for some isp?!?!?....hehe

Farls

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Farls:
    Bard who are you connected with cuz your always on?....hehe....ur fone bill is either massive or your workin undercover for some isp?!?!?....hehe

Farls

</font>

I haven't actually been on a hell of a lot in the past couple of weeks... not as much as I used to be anyway smile.gif

I used to use boards.ie in work via a 24/7 leased line connection. Now it's all @ home, via a number of ISP's. (Waiting for SNL to sort out my own particular problem... I'm not one of the 2,000 ... I've just got a different problem with them).

Yeah- the phone bill has gone up a bit recently - seems to be hovering around £60 a month at the mo'... which is okay-..ish.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Bard, who,how or why has my karma gone to -1 not that i really give a f*** just like to know what its about?

Farls

sorry for straying off original subject btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    (Waiting for SNL to sort out my own particular problem... I'm not one of the 2,000 ... I've just got a different problem with them).
    </font>

Being aware of your SNL problem, that stinks too (in a few months I'll be in the same situation)

• Advertisement

Bard, who,how or why has my karma gone to -1 not that i really give a f*** just like to know what its about?

Farls

sorry for straying off original subject btw.
    </font>

I have no idea, Farls - sorry.

Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When someone gives you negative karma, you should get a message telling you who did it and why.

well i didn't get email or comment or anything must b a girl amung ye moderators!, c'mon girly show yerself!

Farls

Farls - I tried (as a Moderator, I can...) to check your Karma history...

Strangely enough, it said that no record existed in the Karma message log for your username. I guess that means that either the person who gave you negative karma didn't give a reason or there's a glitch in the system.

I'd imagine it's the former (and not a glitch...)

Bard

Thanks mate, but for the big girls blouse out there who set my karma....sleep with one eye open is all i have to say!

Farlsys no happy!

[This message has been edited by Farls (edited 03-07-2001).]

• Advertisement

...sleep with one eye open...</font>

/...gripping your pillow tiiiiiiiiiighttt!!!!.../

(sorry ... couldn't resist!)

Bard

well i didn't get email or comment or anything must b a girl amung ye moderators!, c'mon girly show yerself!

Farls
    </font>

Erm...I think I'm one of the only girls reading this :-).

hehe....ah well sure the coward can stay unknown i guess...need some humour to keep going at this stage like!...hehe

Farlsys still not the happiest man on earth like!

Advertisement