Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"House and a train" LOL

Options
  • 08-07-2001 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

"Q. What is the difference between a standard telephone line and an eircom hi-speed line?

A. It's like the difference between a car and a high-speed train. Both can get you from A to B. But a train can carry far more, far faster."

So the difference between 56k and 64k is like a car and a high-speed train, eh? Maybe I'm being a bit unfair, because they did manage to spell "high" speed correctly. biggrin.gif

Also this is funny as well:

"Eircom Hi-Speed: The fastest way to access the internet from home."

Yah, I think I'll tell my friends in Germany that my 64k "superfast" hi-speed line is now faster than their 768kbps ADSL (which, Detusche Telecom has said, will be upgraded to 1.5mbit shortly). And they are paying a flat fee of IR£20/month! It just makes me so angry!

<insert nice swear word here> Eircom£&^$*;&^$&*; :angry:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oops, the subject want meant to be "car and a high-speed train LOL". Mods please change.

Thank you. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Er... we can't change the subject of your post... neither can you.

I can delete the post for you if you want and you can re-post it.

BTW: I thought you could get up to 128Kbps with eircom hi-speed? Doesn't it use 2 lines? The difference between 56Kbps and 128Kbps seems adequately analogised by a car vs. a train IMHO. There's no need to put Eircom down all the time, y'know!

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

The reallity is that any ISDN line has 2 lines for itself, regardless of if it's eircom the one that installs it, or ESAT. So, that thing of Hi-Speed it's just a marketing operation. The ISDN is always the same, called hi-speed or not.

The issue is that with the two channels working you pay double for the internet (yeah, you go at 128) so it's very expensive.

Eircom it's been trying to sell it as the best thing ever, while in other countries it never had a huge success.

JamworkS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There's no need to put Eircom down all the time, y'know!</font>

Course there is Bard! Have you gone MAD!? smile.gif

adam

ESAT does isdn now?

so what your saying is 56k to isdn is like a car to a dart for the ticket price of a high speed train.

thats sounds about right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:

so what your saying is 56k to isdn is like a car to a dart for the ticket price of a high speed train.

</font>

He said nothing of the sort. It's really not a good idea to put words in other people's mouths you know...

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    He said nothing of the sort. It's really not a good idea to put words in other people's mouths you know...

</font>

i was making a joke,
    cough *someonehasastickuphisarse* cough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ESAT does isdn now?</font>

Esat's done ISDN for ages, both through IOL Gold and their business department (although you need to want at least eight channels before they deem you important enough to talk to).

adam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Urban Weigl:
    "Q. What is the difference between a standard telephone line and an eircom hi-speed line? </font>
    A. It's like the difference between a cart pulled by a donkey and a cart pulled by a horse.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skeptic1:
    Originally posted by Urban Weigl:
    "Q. What is the difference between a standard telephone line and an eircom hi-speed line? </font>
    A. It's like the difference between a cart pulled by a donkey and a cart pulled by a horse.

LOL

You do realise saying that makes you a racist? wink.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement