Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Bills

Options
  • 22-06-2001 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you people that were cut off the No-Limits "service" have received further bills from Esat.
    I was cut off on the 16th, and yet they sent me a bill for the next month.
    Just wondering so I can have enough info when I FLAME them on Monday.
    J.C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

erm: i hope that should be JK

i just got a bill there today aswell, but it was for up to the 16th June. Like this will be the last bill we should get now ... ?

I was cut off on the 16th also. And I got a bill yesterday. But it was for calls from May 16th to June 16th.

Mike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I got a bill too. Haven't paid it yet. No rush... smile.gif

adam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    I got a bill too. Haven't paid it yet. No rush... smile.gif

adam
    </font>

What do you mean "no rush"? Pay as quickly as possible, or they might cut off your NoLimits account!!! LOL biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

I'll send them a cheque when I find the time to post back the EsatClear carrier preselect dialler I ripped out of the wall.

adam

The bill says "Calls from 16/May/01 to 16/Jun/01" which is fair enough, but in the body it says "IOL No Limits flat rate charge" which, i was under the impression, was paid for one month in ADVANCE, the S.O.B's are charging me for a service they cut me off from.

I too was under the impression the No Limits was piad a month in advance.
    They really arsed it up this month.They send me a bill AND charge my credit card for a service they have cut me off from. Roll on Monday morning, coz some poor customer service rep is going to get an earful.

The only telco supplier I pay by DD or credit card Digifone. I don't trust the rest of them. (Yes, Digifone == Esat, but they seem to have the brains of the operation.)

adam

would you let us know here, if it turns out you didn't have to pay? thx smile.gif

• Advertisement

I too got my bill from Esat and they are charging me for one months use when I only got to use the service for two weeks. They cut me off on they 8th of June ( the day I started my leaving ), and they still billed me for two more weeks I didnt get to use at all. Very unfair

If you got a bill for a service you didn't receive, you shouldn'y pay it, full stop. It's not unfair, it's illegal. Pay them what you own them.

adam

Perhaps nobody should pay them at all ?? for anything ?? Should stir up 'some' kind of reaction from brain dead Esat. !! Who knows, they might even put us back onto NL..:-) Sent via Eircom..Grrrr.

That's illegal too. smile.gif

adam

Unfortunately Adam I was paying Esat by Direct Debit, so they could take the money and run. Bit of bad luck, this whole saga has left me with no online access at all at home. Im in my mates house as I type this. That means I cant see an Irish companies adverts on the net when I would usually go online. Do you hear that companies of Ireland?? who have ads online. You pay your precious money to have your company put on the map, by letting us online users see it. Well now we cant see your ads, so your wasting your money. If you are such a company, arent you concerned about this?? If so, then support this cause and send a letter to the ODTR, your local TD, IBEC, and Eircom, who are nearly fully to blame for this upset.

Thank you

Have I got a story fro you guys...wait till you hear this.
    Back in December of last year I had ISDN installed, up till then I was using the NoLimits service. I called Esat and told them that I wanted to cancel the service because I couldn't connect to it with ISDN, (I got 2 excuses for not being able to connect with ISDN, 1 was that ISDN used up too much bandwidth and caused modem users to have slow connections, 2 was that they could not use CPS - Carrier Pre Select on ISDN lines, I think the latter is the true reason), anyway back to the story...
    I was told by one of the customer reps to send an E-mail to them saying I wished to cancel the accout. I did so and recieved an acknowledgement from them. So two weeks later I recieved a bill from them. I just paid it to save myself the bother of ringing them up. I thought that would have been the end of it. Boy was I wrong! Another month later I recieved another bill from them, so I called them. I was told that I had to give them 30 days notice for them to "process" the cancelation. But this was 6 weeks after I had sent them the cancelation request. The customer rep got a bit snotty with me and said that that was what I owed them and I HAD to pay it. So out of spite I canceled my Direct Debit with my bank so they couldn't just take the money from me. I only owed them £10 and not £20. So another month passed and I recived yet another bill for £20. I called them again and was told by a rep that they would sort it out. So, another month passed and I recieced a bill for £6.50. The total price of the bill was £46.50 and I only owed them £10. So I called them up again and was tolf that they would issue me a full credit on the account. Two months later and two more bills and a lot of phone calls to customer services I got severley ****ed off. I rang custome services and told them that if they sent me one more bill I would not ring them anymore but I would be getting a solicitor to write to them instead. One week later I recieved a bill for -£29.79 (yes thats a minus). So now according to them, they owe me money. This goes to show that Esat is run by a bunch of no-brain nitwits.
    At least Eircom have some idea about what they are doing, Esat haven't got a clue. They just try a charge people for services that they don't use, which I think is downright theft.

TheJaff, are you sure that bill for -£29.79 wasn't just a credit applied to the previous invoices? In which case, according to my calculations, you still owe them money?

Matfinn, just go to your bank straight away and cancel the direct debit - it's no hassle, they'll do it right there and then. Then send Esat a cheque for exactly what you owe them, and ring their accounts department after a few days to explain why that was what you paid. If they've already taken the money, ring them up and explain the situation, and tell them you want your money back. Be calm and clear on the phone, but be firm - don't take any crap from them. If they get stroppy, ask to speak to a another operator or a supervisor.

Whether you think it's worth that trouble is up to you, but remember one thing - if you drop it owing them money, they can affect your credit rating. It's unlikely that they would for an amount as small as this, but there's no telling. Actually, there's a second thing to remember - it's your money, not theirs.

adam

No, its definatly a bill for -£29.70

The bill reads as follows

Amount Owing _ 46.76
    Payment Recieved _ -46.76
    Overdue Amount _ 0.00

Total charges _ -29.70
    Total Discounts Recieved 0.00
    Total charges(ex VAT) -29.70

So the bill is for -£29.70 after the original £46.76 was credited from the account. So in affect, they owe me money. LoL
    I don't think I'll bother chasing them for it though ;o)

Well, this is one fella waiting with great anticipation for the June 24th bill to arrive.. Pay.. ? Not likely !!! Affect my credit rating ? No way. If Esat have time on their hands to go to all that bother, I will eat my Sunday dinner..!!!:-) My advice to everyone - Never sign any D/Debit..!! If they (whoever) won't give you something without a D/Debit, tell them to shove it !!

Not that easy angryuser, a lot of services now won't accept you as a subscriber unless you DD. Which is wrong IMHO - although I see their point of view of course - but there you go.

BTW, I think you should pay your bill. Not paying is wrong, and it makes you as bad as them. Don't be as bad as them. Act (snigger again) responsibly. I'll be paying them anyway. No rush like, but I'll pay. Eventually.

adam

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nahdoic:
    I just got a bill there today as well, but it was for up to the 16th June. Like this will be the last bill we should get now ... ?</font>

You may not get another bill but a further charge will be made to your bank account if you have not cancelled your direct debit.

Yesterday (July 3) £19.20 was charged to my account. I was really annoyed but they claimed that it takes up to two months for them to debit the bank account after the bill has been supplied to the customer. I am not convinced by this but I do not yet have sufficient information to dispute this.

The Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation will take up the matter of charges for service after the end of May - I was billed to June 16th but had not used the service since May 31st. Esat 'helped themselves' to the money from my credit card account. Complaints to mcgovernam@odtr.ie. By the way, you can add the ISP phone number to Circle of Friends on Eircom to get a further 10% reduction on internet calls.

Advertisement