Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulation :: Amiga probs

Options
  • 01-06-2001 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

I'm Using the Amiga emulator winUAE and have many games for it(including the one and only Cannon Fodder).Now,i'm gettin pis*ed off with the thing now cos I cant SAVE the Damn Game.FFS.
    Ne1 know how to do it.
    Ive formatted a blank .ADF file allready but nothing.
    PLEEEZZ HELP ME !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

A lot of games have custom save game disks(i.e. the game creates the disk for you with a non standard format type or it uses one of the game floppies to save the games)

back to the roots has a collection of saved games on it for certain games that dont work with a standard formatted .adf image.

http://www.back2roots.org/Games/Savedisks/C/

That link has cannon fodder 1 and 2 saved game disks.

Wan the amiga, heres my amiga emulated desktop running the latest version of winuae.

www.omnia.cx/amigapic2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 03-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Thx for ur help Snaga.
    It looks like there is no help for Cannon Fodder 1 though.
    Looks like i'll be going to Cannon Fodder 2 instead.
    Oh well....... smile.gif

oops i didnt spot that. You could always try the latest versions of winfellow and winuae to see if the save disk is supported for cannon fodder 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

making Hdd images is much simpler..me got Workbench insatlled...but no proggies to run. frown.gif

go to aiab.emuunlim.com

They've got a great basic install and a few game packages designed to run with their install. Theve also got music packages and internet packages.

The internet package doesnt work in the lates versions of winuae, but they used to allow access to the windows tcp/ip stack, i was able to get AMIrc to work fine last year wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 03-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Where would one get workbench ADF's for use with AIAB?

(Yes I own(ed) an amiga for a few years smile.gif)

- Munch

well you could mail me or if your going to planetlan i could bring a few adf's-ona-stick(cd) for you.

Otherwise its google\altavista time cos i cant remember any good sites to get them.

Advertisement