Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will i pay in a phone bill to oceanfree when im with NTL

Options
  • 11-07-2001 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

NTL charge 1.5p a minute off peak for the net were as oceanfree charge 1p, if i use oceanfree will i be charge 1p or 1.5p from ntl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have exactly the same concerns which is why i use UTVinternet outside the weekend. My reasoning is this, the oceanfree number is a regular Dublin number(in my case) ie 2434321, which means they can crarge you whatever they want within the terms of the service. I don't think though they are entitled to do so for reserved numbers such as ones with 1800 or 1890 prefixes. UTVinternet's number is 1890927171 so i'm reasonably confident that i cannot be charged 1.5p per min off peak. However when my first Eircom exSNL bill arrives i'll probably cry first and then work it out.

no you get billed from ntl, line rental is sperate bill from eircom,

allso ntl give a nice iteamised bill, so its each to work it out,
    you wouldnt have the password/username for utvnet would you and dns

Not sure if i follow the reasoning in the reply Gladiator, yes i agree that the line renatal is still charged by Eircom, but as you say the call charges are made by NTL..which is why i sad..
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't think though they are entitled to do so for reserved numbers such as ones with 1800 or 1890 prefixes. UTVinternet's number is 1890927171 so i'm reasonably confident that i cannot be charged 1.5p per min off peak</font>
    Why are usernames,passwords and dns relevant here?

because i what to set up a dun,
    isnt it a standard dial up password, like oceanfree with ocanfree,

Glad,
    go to http://www.utvinternet.ie/
    and sign up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

On a slightly different topic!

My understanding is that is currentl 11.5 pence for 15 mins off peak use with oceanfree so would I be correct in saying thats its only 46p an hour with them (11.5 *4) or am I completly wrong?!!

If so then my bill is gona bring a tear to my eye lol

This page on the Oceanfree website pretty much sums this up. The Quotes i found to be pertinent are
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">How much does oceanfree.net cost?

The cost of using oceanfree.net is charged at the cost of a local call from your telephone service provider</font>
    and
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What other costs will I be billed?

Call charges for the time spent online to oceanfree.net will be included in your regular telephone bill from your local phone service provider
    </font>
    surely this means NTL which means 1.5p off peak..

[This message has been edited by Longfield (edited 12-07-2001).]

i guess that means Ronan|Raven you pay 60p an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah well ill just add another 50 quid on frown.gif

sorry Longfield, i just went checking the little green book of ntl prices and 1890 numbers are charged at local call rates,

• Advertisement

W_T_F!!!, you mean the little green booklet with the ntlworld cd, i just read it cover to cove..cannot see that...have you an url that says this somewhere? Feels my blood pressure raising. Perhaps this should be in nets/comms , sorry Bard, i'll post further comments on this topic to there.
    Off to read the ntlworld support site for a bit.

no the little green book with ntls prices you get with the contract to sign up, its right their on the secound last page with all the other special numbers except 1891 for some reason

1891 numbers bypass NTL and show up on my Eircom bill which also means I get the Circle of Friends discount on them too. smile.gif

Advertisement