Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Update + v.92 Revelation

Options
  • 15-07-2001 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right. Lets get one thing straight first. I run UIE - Unmetered Ireland, and some little buggers have come along and ranted at me for existing, saying everything should go to IrelandOffline. I am NOT in competition with IrelandOffline, and am in full support of their entire operation. Hell, I'd be in their position if other things in my life hadnt got in the way. Just to let you all know. And by the way, I am posting here since this is where all the Internet people hang out.

</end rant>

Anyway v.92. I have done another little bit of investigation and, shock-horror, an Irish ISP does actually support the new standard. I was amazed.

The rest of the site has also had a major update, the first in ages. <Sorry>. It will be updated more often now.

Anyway, for those of you who dont know, UIE -Unmetered Ireland resides at http://uie.8m.com . Lots of fascinating stuff. Broadband options, ISP details, price comparisons and the most successful Eircom petition so far.

--Chris Walker--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris_533976:
    Anyway v.92. I have done another little bit of investigation and, shock-horror, an Irish ISP does actually support the new standard. I was amazed.
    </font>

...and according to your web site it's Unison.

Interesting.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As far as i know IOL is a lobby group, not so much an information site,

who ever was *****ing at you is talking out their **** ,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I always found UIE to be very good. Keep up the good work dude :]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    ...and according to your web site it's Unison.

Interesting.

</font>

one thing people forget is that isp's will not update the firmware until they are sure that it won't impact on the majority of their customers. They all have test terminal servers /modems but they will be conservative in upgrading if it's possible that something that will benefit say 1% of their customers will cause problems for 5-10% of their customers. The other thing is that they are dependent on updates from their vendors
    Jd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    As far as i know IOL is a lobby group, not so much an information site,

who ever was *****ing at you is talking out their **** ,
    </font>

Ireland On-Line is known as IOL... which is an ISP, not a lobby-group.

I know we all realise what you meant, Gladiator, but we have to ensure that the distinction is there. IrelandOffline IS, as you say, a lobby group. I believe the shorthand version of the name we've gone for is IOffL...

Cheers,

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement