Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager - Best game ever

Options
  • 31-05-2001 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

A work of art
    Have been playing for 11 seasons and have won the Champions league twice with Millwall.
    Anyone have any tips for Newcastle...they're the next team i'm going to try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

agreed
    Have been playing the game for years and it gets better..

Now if it would work properly on high end athlon systems we'd be laughin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

LMAO biggest load of crap i'v ever defiled my hard drive with! tongue.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I re-installed it earlier today, but then I remembered why I stopped playing it... Liverpool can't win a thing when I manage them :\

Its the type of game that's only fun if you're winning, I always bugger off to Real Madrid smile.gif

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Bah i hate that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Same as Planetarion, but they charge you for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    Same as Planetarion, but they charge you for it.</font>
    bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Ah CM 0wns, but then im also a fan of PA so i have no taste smile.gif

Before i formatted id gotten to 2012 with Real, and had gotten an offer to manage the French national team biggrin.gif By that stage lots of the players id know had retired 0o

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

I managed Blackburn got them promoted without buying a player.I was loosing money constantly, made it into the premiership with 2million to spend ! That had to go to wages that i still couldnt afford.I kept on requesting for extra cash for wages.The board said no.I got relegated.By this stage i had lost all my best players due to not affording their contract.I got promoted again lost even more players due to not affording their contract,got a job offer from Liverpool and now im challanging for the league !!

Loadsa Money !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Last time I played it was CM2 where if you set the team to play 'long ball' all the time you basically couldn't lose smile.gif

In seven seasons with Newcastle Utd., I got five Premiership titles, three FA cups and one European Cup (beating Borussia Dortmund in the final, and Rangers in the semi-final smile.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I love that game.

When Cm3 came first I got to 7 on the world leader board. I never put so much effort into a game before. Used to spend hours working out formations who to buy and sell etc.

I'm playing a game with Yeovil at the moment. Yes Yeovil are a real time. They play in the english conference. I got them into the third division and am looking to get into the second with them.

I don't agree that it's only fun when your winning. Taking over crap teams a fighting against relegation is also fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I even grudgingly respect CM now, despite the fact that I'd never play it in a million years myself... Anyone been reading the Sports Interactive message boards? I fancy the look of ChampionChip Manager and Cooking Champ smile.gif

(I'll post URLs when I get home)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Last time I played it was CM2 where if you set the team to play 'long ball' all the time you basically couldn't lose smile.gif</font>

nah, just play 3-5-2 Attacking and play 7 forwards and 3 defenders. Not only will you win every match, you'll have a goal difference of +70 or so come June smile.gif

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

[This message has been edited by NekkidBibleMan (edited 01-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I used to play Premier Manager on the Amiga. It was a lot of fun, especially selling hoardings. Never really got into managing on the PC. Must give it a go.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Discoballpaul

Buy Cherno Samba from Milwall
    you can get him on a free when he's 15 but is worth £35 million by 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I hate that game. It's all my brother plays, and it takes up more than a gig of my hard drive.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    I used to play Premier Manager on the Amiga. It was a lot of fun, especially selling hoardings. Never really got into managing on the PC. Must give it a go.

</font>

hehe, I loved that game.

btw, Premier Manager 96 is available on the PC (was the first PC game I bought), it uses the same interface etc as the amiga ones and there's an editor so you'll probably find some updates for the modern day if you are so inclined smile.gif

hello.

Advertisement