Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom i-stream delay??

Options
  • 16-07-2001 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well it doesn't really surprise me ( nothing does at this stage when it comes to eircom !) but according to an ADSL customer service rep. it will be OCTOBER before their dsl product, "i-stream" will be released. I was replying to their lavish mail shot re: acceptance into the ADSL trials and not only did this delay enrage me but they also told me that preference for the trials has been given to business users and that all the places within the Sandyford Exchange had been taken, primarily by users in the Sandyford Indus. Estate. Obviously this does nothing for the ordinary resid. or small business users wanting to try out the technology. Giving it to businesses is fair enough but why don't they say this outright rather than have people having the expectation of getting on the trial and spending thousands on sending out these Mail Packs when it is a total waste when I and others cannot take it up.

I did however try to divulge as much info as possible while I had them on the phone. She said there was no details re: a d/l limit but did say there will be different price scales depending on usage- so read into this as much as you can- so it does sound that there will be some limit. When pressed on prices she slipped out £60 and then retracted it saying "I honestly dont know". (Freudian Slip Perhaps- Who Knows ?). If it is this expensive there will though be the saving from the normal line rental (currently about £12) as it will be incorporated into this £60. Overall not great soundings and no doubt this october date will continue to slide back. Maybe Martin can address some of these issues on Thursday. Any other "i-stream" let down tales welcomed. (I'm sure there'll be many more to come!)

80p.

www.80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what made me sick was all a few people on this board clearly with out the fact telling people from limerick and cork that adsl would be rolled out in september, getting peoples hopes up, no matter what very very few people would have had it in september, just the trials users, it will take as long to get an adsl line as isdn if not long and delays in your exchange being upgrade, very unlikely the would upgrade additional exchange in dublin before the new year and forget the country,

BTW i would believe a customer service rep, adsl will be launched in september that doesnt mean they wil lstart taking on new people, just charging the trial users, and all this is mute as obrien could and probably will change everything

Advertisement