Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to provide free itemised bills

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

err, dont they do that already?
    I get mine itemised, It used to be only a pound charge, obvioulsy still is smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hardly earth-shattering as you say. I thought it was a £3 charge for the itemised bill? Either way it's a miniscule saving, and they don't have a choice in doing it so it's not as if this means Eircom are doing us any favours here.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its been free on the website for a while now.

well im just saying as somebody else said, not great but better then a kick in the head,

as i said maybe this will wake eircom up to the fact they wont get *everything* their way, unlikely tho

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 17-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's a minor moot point...

- "Don't you point that moot at me!!!"

- (sorry, just had to get that in!)

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

Sorry i was about to say at least this way they wont over charge us, then i remember the 50 pounds i pay every 6 weeks to the *******s for line rental and the statement lost all meaning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well, it would have solved a problem for me were I still using EsatClear for my phone calls. I had one of the crappy old prefix diallers, and some of my calls were slipping through to Eircom, which was driving me nuts. When I rang to get it sorted, neither Eircom nor Esat would take the blame - the only way I would have been able to solve it was with an itemised bill from Eircom - which of course cost more than the calls (it's the principle, dammit!). Course, I'm not giving EsatClear the £150-200 a month anymore, because they obviously don't want my business.

As Bard suggests, it's hardly earth-shattering news at this stage. When it comes to real progress, it hardly nudges the needle. Slow clap for the Regulator for fixing something she should have fixed years ago, when Eircom was privatised. Really on top of things Etain. I look forward to my grandchildren seeing a competitive telecommunications market.

adam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Slow clap for the Regulator for fixing something she should have fixed years ago</font>

You may be right about timescale, Adam, but at least it shows that Regulator will act where she has power.

Martin

Advertisement