Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official--Public Meeting Time/Location Set

Options
  • 16-07-2001 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The time and location for the public meeting is now set.

The meeting will be held at the Mercer Hotel, Mercer St. Lower, Dublin 2. It is just behind the Royal College of Surgeons, and has a car park next to it. See http://www.mercerhotel.ie/location.htm for a map.

The meeting will begin at 7:30p in the Green Room. We are expecting folks to gather from around 7p on, and there is a small bar attached to the hotel where drinks can be purchased and general mingling can occur :-).

We really, really can't emphasise enough how great it would be to get a good turnout. Those of you who can make it, please do!! If you know someone who doesn't know about us, but would be interested, please forward this on to them as well. Or drag them along with you :-)

The agenda, once set, will be posted here, on ie.comp, and sent to the io-announce list. Please also send this on to, or let us know about, any other mailing lists that might have people who would be interested.

Thanks for all your support! We will post a roundup of the public meeting as well as our meeting with Eircom that day afterwards.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me directly (elana@zen.org).

E
    http://www.irelandoffline.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the good news!

(BTW dont castigate me for this, but lets give some credit to Ireland-On-Line where its due.)
    for any non-dubliners struggling to find their way to the Mercer if they check out the iol mapping service they'll be well sorted. Just key in the Mercer Hotel and you can zoom out as far as you want depending on where you're travelling from.

http://interactive2.iol.ie/maps/iolmap.asp

(apologies in advance!)
    80p.

www.80project.com

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 16-07-2001).]

Just one question, do you want a formal dress?

Like will runners and jeans do? Or would slacks and shoes be better smile.gif ?

maybe i am worrying too much wink.gif

Won't be able to be there but there in spirit... give the b*stards hell!

Any chance of regional meetings, e.g. Cork, Galway...?

Very pleased this is happening - haven't stopped grumbling ever since I got kicked off No Limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nahdoic:
    Just one question, do you want a formal dress?

Like will runners and jeans do? Or would slacks and shoes be better smile.gif ?
    </font>

No, formal dress is not a requirement at the public meeting. Runners and jeans would be fine. Come as you are.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

maybe i am worrying too much wink.gif
    </font>

Not at all- ... I asked the same question of other committee members myself.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

is there an entrance fee, not that im being tight but i dont walk around with to much money in my pocket, and ill like to know how much to bring if i can make it

One think you say theres a bar, dont forget there could be quiet afew under age people at this

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    is there an entrance fee, not that im being tight but i dont walk around with to much money in my pocket, and ill like to know how much to bring if i can make it

</font>

I believe there may be a requirement to ask for donations to cover the costs incurred in renting the green room of the hotel. I'm not sure. Martin or Elana can confirm or deny this...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

One think you say theres a bar, dont forget there could be quiet afew under age people at this
    </font>

It's a hotel. Whether under-aged people will be served alcohol or not is not up to us, and frankly not our concern- they'll take care of it.

Who gets served there is according to their policy (not ours) and the law and you can be pretty sure that under-aged people will not be served alcohol.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

I'll be the angry hippy in the Velvet jacket and Strippy Flares.... Time to make a stand
    biggrin.gif
    "IOL Nolimts... Limit of 75hrs... lol very much a paradox" :P

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

[This message has been edited by Chaos-Engine (edited 17-07-2001).]

QUICK REMINDER

This meeting is on TONIGHT

BE THERE

... if you can

(please!) smile.gif

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Advertisement