Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panzerfront

Options
  • 06-06-2001 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This pretty new game out for the playstation is pretty damn good. If you've got a playstation, and you like military stuff, you'll love this. And even better, if you're a Military Fan and a WWII lover, you'll drool when you see this game.

It's a game based on WWII armor (Not just german, as the title claims(Pannzer meaning Battle Tank in german)), armor meaning tanks and armored vehicles. Basically, you're a tank commander, but you also drive and fire your tank. The game layout/format is total 3d, even in map view. The selection of tanks is incredible, ranging from the formidable M-10 American Tank Destroyer, to the King of the battle field, the Tiger I. Pretty much every tank is in their, even soviet tanks. The only tanks I'd like to see in it are the early Panzers (I and II) and the last German tank to be designed in the War, the Mause. A superheavy tank weighing over 180 (correct me if I'm wrong, I havn't got a reference near me) tons. But unfortunatly it was not included, for it is doubtfull the tank ever saw action. The tanks are all acurately modeled, and work just like they would in real life. They also have all different types of ammunition, like armor piercing or heavy explosive. Choose your rounds carefully, gunner! Some tanks are heavier, therefor move slower, but have powerful engines with 700+hp which allows them to switch gears quickly. The scenarios range from the Eastern and Western front, and sometimes the deep eastern front, in Russia. A great game for WWII tank lovers.

Upside: Brillant gameplay, you can play over and over. The tanks and warplay are all acuratly done, including the famous scenario missions, such as Micheal Wittman in Villers-Bocage. There's over 40 tanks, and over 50 scenarios. You can be the Allies, the Russians, or the Tank Masters: The Germans.

Downside: Graphics aren't the best on the scenary (i.e: trees, bushes, houses), and can be quite blocky in parts. The tanks still look quite well however. The infantry are 2d!! Like cutout men. Eeek! You can't roll over men. :P The scenarios are great, and there's loads, but you don't play one level, then the next, you can pick any scenario, which is great... But leads to getting bored with the game quickly.

Overall: The game is brillant, acurratly depicts world war II, and has nearly every famous battle you can think off. Unfortunatly, you can get bored of it quickly, and the graphics aren't super. Altho, I myself always like to pop it on now and again and blow away some allied tanks in my Tiger I Ausf.E. smile.gif

I give it 4 APC ammunition rounds out of 5.

-Dark-Angel-

Advertisement