Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v92 Revelation Pt 2 - VERY IMPORTANT

Options
  • 18-07-2001 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Scroll down the forum a bit. You'll see me spouting about how Unison support v92. Well it turns out they dont - but it's not my fault. I was misinformed. The email I received from Unison when I asked about the standard CLEARLY stated they supported it. They made big claims about being one of the first Irish ISP's to support it.

So I was rather shocked today to receive an email from them stating that they dont. Someone up high in the company {Better not say who in case they get roasted by email} had visited my website and seen the entry about Unisons v92.

I sent a nice email back to them enclosing their original "yes" reply {Bad grammer and all} and a little explanation. I'll keep you updated on what happens.

I have updated my website to include the new information.

http://uie.8m.com

--Chris--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fair play Chris, not you're fault at all. Takes guts to stand up and say that to the world.
    From my readings around the web it seems that very few if ANY isps open to the public(it is being trialed) are providng v92 yet, somehow i don't see Ireland being the most progressive.
    Keep up the good work, you're website is full of usefull info, which many of us check out regularily for updates. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks for the update Chris. It's unfortunate that this leaves us with NO ISP's in Ireland supporting the v92 standard.

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the comments - rest assured Im going to keep the ISP's in check. I'll email them all once a month for updates on their progress.

Just to let you all know, I received no emails back from Unison.........

--Chris--

Advertisement