Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Back!!

Options
  • 19-07-2001 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder was there a huge surge in available bandwidth while the 70 odd of us who showed up @ the Mercer were not in front of our PC's?? It was probably like virtually having DSL it would have been so fast!!
    Similar to the electric current flickering at peak times, as we all filter back to our PC's the bandwidth will begin to drain again!!

Thanks to the Cmmtee et al for organising the meeting and Congrats to Martin & all the others on their election to the Cmmtee officially.

Well Done

80p.

www.80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'd second that,
    it really was set up professionally.

(talking about seconding, i wont mention how in some motions *cough*elections*cough* a second vote is needed to move on something.) ah well. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by notsamhail (edited 19-07-2001).]

Indeed it was a good meeting, i didn't want to steal their thunder by saying anything about it till the official report , but i aggree with all you have said, well done people, it was an eyeopener which i left with a new feeling of confidence and hope.

Glad the meeting went well...really sorry not to be able to attend..wanted to go..badly..but family stuff came up.. Congrats to you all.. sounded interesting...

I have to apologise for not being there as well, but problems do arise. I just came across this in the Irish Times:

http://scripts.ireland.com/technology/newsshowall.cfm?ID=1845

• Advertisement

T'was a good meeting this evenings which covered a lot of points, it would of been a help if everyone had read all the threads on the board before going tho so everything wouldn't have to be gone over again.

time to prepare for the seminar in August i guess!

bit shady the way eircom.net is totally different to eircom and they only decided to bring this up now. Does this mean that eircom.net will have to actually fight along with the other OLO's to bring down eircoms price as low as possible?

good job

Farlsy

(everyone should of went by their net name, i was lost!)

I'm sorry I couldnt do it. I had to work, and couldn't ask for the day off.

I'm horrible sorry, because I would've like to go and meet everybody.

Well done, lads!

JamworkS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Yes, well done all. Sorry that there was no way I could make it there myself but you can always rely on my support electronically, if not in the flesh.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks for the kind words guys. I thought the meeting went very well indeeed and was pleasantly surprised with the high turnout. (I'm the one who ended up bringing in extra chairs into the room mid-meeting for late-comers... gotta be a good sign, really)...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by notsamhail:

(talking about seconding, i wont mention how in some motions *cough*elections*cough* a second vote is needed to move on something.) ah well. wink.gif
    </font>

If that had been brought up, I think you'd find either myself or one of the other committee members at least (if not someone else) would certainly have seconded the nominations that were made.

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What was the turnout Bard? It's probably somewhere else, but I haven't noticed.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    What was the turnout Bard? It's probably somewhere else, but I haven't noticed.

adam
    </font>

Well, besides the committee (of which Martin, Elana, Brendan, Peter, David and myself were present), we had enough seats laid out for 70-75 as far as I'm aware - which got filled up (almost) and I had to bring in 3 more seats for late-comers.

I'm estimating that, including the committee, we had at least 75 people present in total at the meeting, - quite a satisfying and pleasantly surprising turnout.

Thanks to all who showed up!!!

[Edit]: ... and to those who didn't - ... see you at the seminar next month!!!

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 20-07-2001).]

i couldnt make it, delays at work,
    the turnout at the seminar would be great, ill be taking a half day so i can be sure ill be there

Sorry I couldnt make it either.... I have no way of getting to Dublin. And it was my birthday yesterday. smile.gif

--Chris--

Advertisement