Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - the game

Options
  • 31-05-2001 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

electronic arts are in the process of making boards.ie - the game. the rules are simple... he who spams lives.

"newbies" begin with zero posts and advertise their new clan at www.geocities.com/bouleverd/hollywoodhills/train/booleanlogic/thiswebaddressisfartoolong/~asillyusername/myfirstwebpage.html and are also making a new website which will cover game news for every format and be updated every week.

this is where you take over. you must guide your newbie though all the stages of boards, battleing against and end of level boss every day... fearsome villians such as joe22, smoke-me-a-kipper and the devilish richindub

levels get progressivly harder, you start out on the humour boards, before moving on to more cerebral challenges, like the humanities boards, and the flame-rich bleet-full counter-stike board.

every few hundred posts you make a new level and gain an experience star, which you are going to need for the final level... the trolls board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and eventually you become a very cynical person.
    just about ready for a moderator job me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

you should also have to withstand the demoarlising sarcasm of me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

heeheehee - quality DBC smile.gif

Eamo - I totally agree, he is well fit for Moderatorship curlydav.gif Give him the Work board. tongue.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Whoops! We can't find your page!
    The web page you are trying to access doesn't exist on Yahoo! GeoCities.
    http://www.geocities.com/bouleverd/hollywoodhills/train/booleanlogic/thiswebaddressisfartoolong/~asillyusername/myfirstwebpage.html
    </font>

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

lol. pld OJ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Hmmm....try getting passed me when a spamming session has started on this board...I've earned the right to be evil.... wink.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm the easiest mod to get past cause I'll allow almost anything (except pr0n cause there's nothing funny about pr0n - it's beautiful).

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That's why one of the spammyest topic's was created in your forum tongue.gif

thats becuase there wont be too many more posts in this topic....muahahaha....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    devilish richindub

</font>

Wh00t biggrin.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shouldn't this be on the Games Board? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Boards.ie manual, page 17, paragraph 8:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Conspiracy to incite trolls is a 12-clickable offence under the Nov. 2000 Devore Act.
    </font>

Bingo, bango, gone...oh to games...
    It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 01-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i think i deserve to be an end of level boss at least!! biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

devore should be the end of game boss. you have to defeat his 12'click system.

Also there's a time attack mode where u have to spam the trolls board, beating the Flood Control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

....and unlock the ancient scrolls of wisdom (to be translated from l33t)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

The playable characters could be mills, rob and monty, each one in a snappy uniform fit to battle the forces of muppetry tongue.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Hendrix_Nighn

Any cheating and -
    Go to Troll
    Do not pass flow
    and do not collect 200 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

As Boards.ie The Game is still in it's fictional but highly amusing (nice one DBC) state of development there was no real reason to transfer to this to the Games board.

But nice to see you're keeping busy Monty wink.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monty - the one and only:
    Bingo, bango, gone...oh to games...</font>
    bingo, bango! LMAO biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Oh oh and in the cs stage u get to kick the **** in to bl33t biggrin.gif ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

with enough practice you can string moves together, and each character has their own "twelve click combo"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

ahhh this just sounds like another tetris clone of you ask me wink.gif

screw that I'll just play quake instead

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Who could ever forget the famous - "Avatar Stealing Spell", of course you have to have a considerable ammount of posts by then to be a high enough level to use it...

Also, the HTML / UBB code of doom...

Also, Pac man style smilies come and devour your posts... Nasty little buggers. smile.gifwink.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gifeek.gifmad.giffrown.gif

The king of the Smilies (And also the official VAR mascot = [img]http://acidreign_.homestead.com/files/MANKY_JAWS.gif[/img] )

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

Advertisement