Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site updates: News section

Options
  • 26-07-2001 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Now... the site won't be updated for a wee while (from now until middle of next week most likely) as I'll be away, - so I got a bit done on it today... I's been a busy wee webmaster, so I has wink.gif

First off, the URL's for the news pages have been changed slightly...

e.g.: News050701.asp becomes NewsArticle.asp?id=050701 - this is due to a more efficient way of writing the pages which I've implemented. If anyone has any of the old URL's bookmarked or linked they'll still work.

Ok- There's been a wee reshuffle in how the news articles are presented on the web site... see www.irelandoffline.com (click on "news & info" link). It's now split into 3 sections - Meetings, Media and Other, each easily accessible via a tabbed interface.

2 new articles have been added to "Meetings" - the reports on the Eircom meeting and the public meeting.

1 new article link has been added to "Media",- that being the latest Irish Times article. There's also a popup link to the photo of Elana in there smile.gif

I've also removed the "As featured in PC Live!" graphic as I thought its run its course, - served its purpose by now. Besides... it looked a little tacky!

Anyway... that's all for the moment as regards updates to the web site. Soon(-ish), we'll be updating the logo slightly to incorporate the snail (his shell being the "O", and his tail trailing behind the first "f").

Cheers,

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's now split into 3 sections - Meetings, Media and Other, each easily accessible via a tabbed interface.

Oooh, I didn't know we'd gotten a mention in the Dáil, that's a nice touch innit?!

1 new article link has been added to "Media",- that being the latest Irish Times article. There's also a popup link to the photo of Elana in there smile.gif

Ha! Meeja <person of questionable virtue>!

I've also removed the "As featured in PC Live!" graphic as I thought its run its course, - served its purpose by now. Besides... it looked a little tacky!

At last!

All taking the mick aside, can you add Martin's definitions in somewhere please, and link to it from the front page? I think that's vitally important. I have a FAQ I'm working on myself, but I'm a perfectionist so it probably won't be ready until 2006.

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 26-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    All taking the mick aside, can you add Martin's definitions in somewhere please, and link to it from the front page? I think that's vitally important. I have a FAQ I'm working on myself, but I'm a perfectionist so it probably won't be ready until 2006.
    </font>

I've done my best to hyperlink most if not all instances of "OLO", "LLU", "FRIACO", "ISP", etc. to the popup explanation windows and I've added more definitions to "Explain.asp". I will add a 'glossary of terms' as a seperate page when I get back to Dublin (heading away for a few days again today - within the next few minutes).

I'm a perfectionist myself, I just never have enough time...

Hope y'all like it.

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 26-07-2001).]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Coolah boolah.

Advertisement