Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRELAND OFFLINE - MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well ive said feic it, if i have to take a half day ill do it,
    ill be there

Thats the spirit Gladiator!

Farls

Hey Guys,

could we team up for the seminar on the 29th so that not eveybody is bringing in her/his own car?
    Maybe petrol costs could be split as well.

I am looking for/offering a lift from Athlone....

Looking forward to your replies,

disConnected

[This message has been edited by disConnected (edited 13-07-2001).]

I was just wondering if you could rope in some TV program to film it something like 20/20 or sumit i think alot of people who own PCs and go online still arent aware of all the bull thats going on in the telco industry.It would be a good way of raising alot more than 200 people for the seminar.Only problem is id say Eircom wouldnt allow it, to be publicly exsposed like that would be more than even they could handle.

Stone

[This message has been edited by Stonemason (edited 14-07-2001).]

I'd be more than happy to film the proceedings, if allowed that is, whatever the committee says that is, will i bring my camera with me?

Farls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm sure Elana, as PR Officer, will give TV3 and RTÉ's current affairs departments a shout about it... from my point of view I'd say there's no harm in bringing your camera, Farls... will what it records be of broadcast quality, in case the TV news types don't show?

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stonemason:
    Only problem is id say Eircom wouldnt allow it
    </font>

It's our event, not Eircom's. They don't get to "allow" or "disallow" anything... I believe they intend to participate and they should know full well that common sense would dictate that there would have to be some sort of media coverage at it...

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 14-07-2001).]

Have to check and see if the camera is being used or not that day cuz normally we have 2 cameras that are very good video quality, its the family business so to speak. But seemingly one of them is a bit "sick", so i'll have to find out whats being done that day otherwise, i'll not know until monday wheater it will be available or not.

If its available i'll bring it with me.

Farls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stonemason:
    I was just wondering if you could rope in some TV program to film it something like 20/20 (edited 14-07-2001).]</font>
    I know the producer of 20/20, I can have a word with him if someone mails me contact details for ioffl.

goto http://www.irelandoffline.com and all the details are there, if not then email one of the committee members

this is the kind of thing needed like, if everyone used their contacts/skills to help this thing along.

Farls

• Advertisement

Bard i reckon the Eirom rep will go down with something nasty the day of the meeting smile.gif.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    It's our event, not Eircom's. They don't get to "allow" or "disallow" anything... I believe they intend to participate and they should know full well that common sense would dictate that there would have to be some sort of media coverage at it...

</font>

While I agree that it's very much IOffL's event, I have to say I don't believe for two seconds that the eircom rep will allow themselves be filmed. Absolutely they can't dictate what you do at your event, but they can decide not to participate. We can't kidnap them and make them answer the questions... hmmm, now there's a thought... smile.gif

I think that if you get 20/20 or some crowd like that then you have to inform eircom in advance that you're bringing them. Then if they (eircom) refuse to participate you may even get a story out of the fact that they backed out once they knew the TV people would be there. If you just have your own camera there, I'd say you need to be prepared to switch it off if they threaten to walk out.

Have you invited journalists from the national papers to this? (Is that an obvious question? Sorry if it is.)

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

I will be there to represent an area that netiher IrelandOffline or the ISPs do.
    Namely the tech ISP engineer.
    You know, that person that you all blame for managments decisions. That person that only gets noticed when something goes wrong, not when a whole system is upgraded so seemlessly that the customer isn't aware. That person that has to deal with script kiddies and idiots who think they understand how the whole show is put together simply because they have managed to install a network interface on their Win2K machine automagically.

I will be there to represent the silent tech...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bongo:

I will be there to represent the silent tech...
    </font>
    Not too silent in the pub C are ye
    jd

Anyone have a location yet for the seminar on the 29th August yet ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lemming:
    Anyone have a location yet for the seminar on the 29th August yet ?</font>

Should be settled in the next few days.

John M

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When the middle of August rolls round contact me and I'll stick up a permo-banner on all Boards.ie boards for the event.

Just be sure you want a load of angry gamers there smile.gif

DeV.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    When the middle of August rolls round contact me and I'll stick up a permo-banner on all Boards.ie boards for the event.

Just be sure you want a load of angry gamers there smile.gif

DeV.
    </font>

how will we tell the difference

my car's knackered (like my connection) but i want to go o the seminar!!!
    anyone passing by Clonmel?
    let me know...ok

Advertisement