Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI-IrelandOffline on Dublin Radio 26/7/2001

Options
  • 25-07-2001 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you Dubliners know, there's an interview with me, your humble American PRO on Anna Livia 103.2 FM's Into The Net show Thursday 26/7/2001 at 7pm.

Just if ya wanna catch a listen :-).

E

[This message has been edited by ekehoe (edited 25-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm currently listening....
    Thanks for the (brief)mention Elana !!
    I'm recording it @ the moment and will try to post it as a real player file later.

80p.

www.80project.com

Great Job Elana!

Great Big plug for www.IrelandOffline.com there at the end smile.gif

Although you said you were a "geek" too often!!! smile.gif

80p would the master mini disc be of use, or do you have a decent recording?

The recording is fine, but I rpobably will need to resample it @ a lower bitrate so i can upload a managable file size- @ the moment @ 64kps sounds fine. I recorded it straight from the radio onto my HDD so I captured alright (thanks for MD proposal though- david (dangger)
    If I dont get it uploaded tonight I'll upload it 2moro in work (hope the boss isn't reading!)
    It was great though and really professionally done. The entry piece was excellent and the Mary O'rourke bit. MO'R had alot of expansive things to say but not much has been done to date (we live in hope)
    Overall Super Duper Publicity. Well Done to all sundry (severe backpatting needed)

80p.

www.80project.com

80project.com, please let us know when you've encoded/uploaded the recording of the inverview.

PS: Keep up the good work Elana!

• Advertisement

If someone could please check this out (for testing purposes. It should be the first 7mins of the Interview located here.....

Either way (working or not) could someone tell me so I can upload again if necess.

http://www.dotie.f2s.com/elana.htm

80p.

www.80project.com

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 27-07-2001).]

No it doesn't work, when i run elana.ram it gives an error message saying it is trying to locate

file:c:\windows\desktop\elana\elana.smil

considering i don't even have an elana directory on my computer, I am assuming you do... so save it again incorporating whatever this .smil is with it?

This a royal pain in the ass- I've tried it numerous times now!!
    Please bare w/ me.....

Tinkering Ongoing!

80p.

www.80project.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

80p, just open the .ram file in a text editor and type in the URL to the realaudio file. Or even post a link to the realaudio file direct so we can download it. I hate streaming anyway.

adam

• Advertisement

Maybe try encoding it as an MP3 file? If you're encoding it in mono at a low bit rate, the entire half hour or whatever it is should be less than 5 megs.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    All Real Networks Employees, Please Leave the Building.....

Enraged User on Rampage- Watch Out!

Maybe I'll burn a CD and send it to Niall to see if wants to upload it as streaming or a d/l- I could also include the Pat Kenny Interview w/ ACT. If you're reading this Niall maybe you could reply or e-mail me

80project@stauntonline.com

80p.

www.80project.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MyPerfectCousin:
    It worked for me at:

http://www.dotie.f2s.com/elana.smil
    </font>

really? I just got a big error saying it needed elana.rm or something ... ?

Try clicking here

Or go File/Open Location... in realplayer and
    copy in the following:

http://www.dotie.f2s.com/elana.rm
    Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by Skeptic1 (edited 28-07-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nahdoic:
    really? I just got a big error saying it needed elana.rm or something ... ?</font>

Sorry, try typing or pasting it into the address/location bar within RealAudio, not your web browser.

Well Done 80p, working great now smile.gif

If you are using windows, right click below, save target as, and download it, then just double click it. Worked for me anyway smile.gif

http://www.dotie.f2s.com/elana.rm

A very good interview. It should get plenty of new supporters. Keep up the good work Elana!

awww ... you didn't get it all, it stopped after 6:50 mins, frown.gif

she went on for a good while more ... smile.gif

oh well, good enough i suppose smile.gif

... i use those faces too much wink.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you want to stream it, click here. (Just a metafile, it's still served from 80p's machine.)

adam

clever so and so adam smile.gif

streaming wonderfully now biggrin.gif

(i am still smiling too much wink.gif )

• Advertisement

hey, if you could put it any other format than .ra it would be class because i dont think many ppl use Realplayer seeing as its spyware and a drain on system resources, MP3 would b wicked.

put it on KaZaA 80p..LOL wink.gif

Farls

Woke up to some good news @ last- (Very bad technology day yesterday-Nothing was working!!)
    Thank God its working eventually sorry for the mess re: actually finding the bloody thing.
    If anyone wants to d/l the mp3 I'll upload the full thang if so desired....

What is an acceptable file size ppl would want?? I can compress it down to radio quality (no pun intended considering its from the radio!!)- Or maybe I could chop it up a bit so I can get the Mary O'Rourke bit??

Let me know!

I appreciate theres a lot of ppl not from Dublin who want to hear it.
    BTW Farls if I put it on Kazza, thats means I have 2b online for you to d/l it so its probably best if I put it on my server!?
    Let me know.
    80p.

www.80project.com

lash it up in radio quality smile.gif. i think mp3 at 128 quality it runs at about 1mb a min?

Advertisement