Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name for our Seminar

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Couple of points.

Use of word 'seminar' - we started off calling it a 'conference' but a *supporter* who knows the various parties well, thought word 'seminar' would apeal to them.

When I approached Mary O'Rourke about concept, she suggested theme of 'cheap' access but I don't like word 'cheap', thought 'affordable' sounded bit better.

Now, we don't *have* to follow advice of influental people like these but I tend not to ignore it unless there's a good reason smile.gif

I'm busy for next few days but I will look over various suggestions and post a short list Sunday or Monday

Martin Harran

[This message has been edited by o_donnel_abu (edited 25-07-2001).]

Well, I'd certainly rather that IOffL chooses its battles wisely - if 'seminar' will be better received by those from those who might possibly be able to get changes implemented (as opposed to the loyal campaigners of IOffL and other such organisations, who are the swift kick in the arse that cause the changes), then 'seminar' gets my non-vote!

That was too complicated a sentence to be created in one sitting, never mind read, so I'll stop while I'm ahead...

eef

How about simply using the name of the organisation as the title of the seminar/forum:

Ireland Offline
    The state of Internet Access in Ireland (or whatever)

Works, IMHO, for the same reason as it works for the name of the group.

Public seminar debating networking infrastructure and information accessibility within Ireland
    Hosted By Ireland Offline
    Irelands largest internet campagin group seeking affordable unmetered flat-rate internet access in Ireland

?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Using your brand name (Ireland Offline) in the title of the meeting is a good idea, its what people will search on, post-event.

I've offered support from Spin and from Boards.ie and if you need industry speakers I can round them up too.
    (trust me, there are a lot of industry people watching whats going on here).

I can tell you for a fact that Spin have a product which would be *greatly* benefitted by broadband and I dont care who I confront to get that point home.

DeV.

• Advertisement

whats that product,

o and anybody think of writing off to the likes of the independant, the irish times, northside people, www.enn.net....

better this way then letting them get the story themself and mess up the details,

How's this for a title suggestion

"Ireland Offline: Putting Ireland on the Broadband map"

or

"Ireland offline: connecting Ireland 24/7"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lemming:
    How's this for a title suggestion

"Ireland Offline: Putting Ireland on the Broadband map"

or

"Ireland offline: connecting Ireland 24/7"
    </font>

at the risk of getting flamed, i dont think the first one will work, because broadband isnt the only concern or maybe not even the main one, unmetered narrowband is,

Fair enough Gladiator.

But I would argue that Broadband in itself is the issue , since Eircon have until recently chosen to conviently stay behind the pack on releasing it to the public. IF/WHEN capping occurs, it will stiffle the deployment and take up of DSL by end users.

Ultimately, the whole thing boils down to whether or not we have broadband, and that the broadband that is available runs at an acceptable level of performance.

If we get an acceptable level .. then Ireland shall be on the Broadband map (so to speak). If not, we just get another failed deployment that isn't being picked up by many end users

Ireland meets with 'Goliath' and his Family

Users meet with Abousers

STARVED Internet Family Meets With Parents To Discus More Allowences.

ROFLMBO!!

ok ok i admit im lost smile.gif

Mike

• Advertisement

"The Internet Crisis in Ireland"

Advertisement