Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Daly (some gardening for you)

Options
  • 29-07-2001 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

No I haven't gone nuts, but I guess we have a supporter in a place we didn't expect

http://www.sbpost.ie/story.jsp?story=WCContent;id-22998

"Broadcaster and gardening expert Gerry Daly says poor quality and expensive internet connections are responsible for the slower-than-expected growth of his new gardening website. Two months after its launch, Garden.ie has registered almost 2,000 members and receives about 300 hits a day, but Daly had expected to do better. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It would be good to have him at the seminar.

Indeed. I'd be interested to know whether potassium sulphide is the way to go with removing tree roots.

Indeed. It would be great to get some people like Gerry Daly, who are directly affected by the poor quality of Internet access in Ireland, on the campaign.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Urban Weigl:
    Indeed. It would be great to get some people like Gerry Daly, who are directly affected by the poor quality of Internet access in Ireland, on the campaign.</font>
    whats the point, most members are, hell why dont we get dev in here ro speak, hes very effected by the state of internet here

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    whats the point, most members are, hell why </font>

But some have a higher PR profile, not to mention press contacts and the ability to make introductions.

It may (should) not be needed, but it cannot hurt.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fergus:
    Indeed. I'd be interested to know whether potassium sulphide is the way to go with removing tree roots.</font>

I'd reccommend Ammonium Sulphamate, often sold under the brand name "Root Out" - approx. £5.99 for a 454g pack... from your local, *ahem* friendly garden centre... biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Licksy20:
    I'd reccommend Ammonium Sulphamate, often sold under the brand name "Root Out" - approx. £5.99 for a 454g pack... from your local, *ahem* friendly garden centre... biggrin.gif</font>

Well, in the end I've just dug it out the hard way and sawn off the limbs.. just one or two more and I should be able to take out the stump. Hard going, but that's the price of impatience.

Advertisement