Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline's ODTR response initiative NEEDS YOU!!

Options
  • 05-08-2001 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

In an effort to submit an IrelandOffline response to the ODTR's consultative paper "The Internet in
    Ireland - Communications Transmission and Delivery Issues" (ODTR 01/47) I will be posting several
    posts on this board addressing each of the specific questions which the ODTR are looking for comments
    and feedback on in the report.

I stress "looking for comments and feedback" as I am hoping that in keeping with the tradition of
    informative debate which we have seen in this board previously that we can stay focused on the
    questions at hand in each thread as they are posted, and draw up a comprehensive response to the paper.

I realise that there will be difficulty in drawing up a response that will satisfy every user. To rectify
    this I would urge people to draft up your own individual response to the paper and submit it to ensure
    that your voice is heard on issues which may affect you more than others. When the official IrelandOffline
    response is completed, it will be made available for all and it can be used as food for thought on individual
    responses.

I propose to post a question or two every two days or so together with the any text in the document
    to get the ball rolling. Ideally each question thread will grow (hopefully!) to contain a peoples
    valuable insight and thoughts on the subject, which we can use when drawing up the official response.

* A question (perhaps two) will be posted every two days.

* Each question thread will be prefixed with the following ODTR 0147 [Question 1A], where [] will
    contain the question number.

* The deadline for a response is August 27th.

* I will begin tomorrow (Monday) so if people have anything to add on how to run this effectively
    we can take it on board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i was wondering when this owuld start, sounds like the right way to do it,

should avoid over lapping,

Advertisement