Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom on Prime Time-02/08/01

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Which demonstrates a point admirably 80p - Irish politicians still haven't grasped the importance, convenience and possibilities of the Internet.

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 05-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Very True Adam.
    I think its only the US politicians w/ mega bucks who use the Internet to its fullest. If Irish politicians used the web more for canvassing they'd soon realise what a rip off all those pointless mail shots their sending off to the printers are!! (not to mention saving our environment)

All the TD's sites are very general and non-specific.
    BTW I remember clicking on this link for Anne Widdecombe MP-
    http://www.annwiddecombemp.com/
    Theres a classic section for the "Kids" (Widdy Web)& Anne @ Home w/ her Cats!!

I mean the Internet is the Perfect medium to actually get your core policies across to the Public w/out having to wade through the nicey nice chit-chat that distracts from the message when they go to meet ppl on the doorsteps!

AFAIK its generally volunteers who design and maintain their websites- When in fact politicians should be prioritising this medium and realising in effect it is their face to the nation!!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    what do yo uexpect from an Independent and a member of the Senate no less,

</font>

Personally, I expect a lot from them - more than it seems you expect from them - and also, more than most of them actually deliver unfortunately.

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

Advertisement