Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any exSNL users still getting billed?

Options
  • 04-08-2001 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Its two months since getting the cutoff and still i get billed, am i entitled to demand to be reconnected for the period i have been billed and automatically paid for?
    stillbilled.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no im afriad not, but you should ge your money back,
    are you sure you getting billed, if you paid by direct debit you will get an invoice that your last payment was met,
    look over it again and see if thats it,

you shouldnt be still getting billed unless you have your phone with them, the *******s were continuing to tack on the 20 a month to some of those people, knowing most wouldnt be arsed to complain for awhile,

the best thing to do is if your paying by DB is to get your bank to stop it and ask on what date fund for esat was were take out, the moment i got cut off and the last db i should have paid went through i canceled it,

Anwho i got my secound ntl bill on friday only according to them its my first,
    its never a month since the last, i think im getting screwed out of the first 15 pounds i paid, so be carefull on that mark,

Ps the 1891 thing seems to have worked, it wasnt on the bill

o sorry posted before pic loaded, internet is slow today for me,

yea thats ok, its exactly what i got, except for the 8th,

its just a something to tell you that you have paid, i finaly understand their billing system after they cut me off lol

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 04-08-2001).]

i'm getting billed and i'm still connect

score!

Glad to hear that re the 1891 thingy, sorry about the size of the pic, got myself a new scanner toy this afternoon and am still messing about with its settings.

were you not meant to be still connected or something?

• Advertisement

zeemoud the lucky swine is being a smartypants i think Glad biggrin.gif

The big Q. is...
    Have anyone who received the 75 hr reprieve been kicked off for going over the 75hr limit??

Everyone should have received their bill by now since the new setup began

80p.

http://www.80project.com front80project.GIF

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 04-08-2001).]

80project.com you should make that sig click able, its not hard,

anywho, yea i wondered about that, do they charge you after the 75 hours or something

disregard the c0ck up I made above please

ok so it isnt easy, i used to be able to do this, damned if i can remember how now

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 04-08-2001).]

• Advertisement

It is not a "Bill" it is just a receipt for the prior months payment.

See ie.comp thread on this :-
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=on&th=2c2f61007e7fbfda,6&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    Esat charging for a month after being kicked
    </A></font>

Best regards
    John.

[This message has been edited by corkie (edited 12-08-2001).]

front80project.GIF

Click "Edit" on this topic to see how to create that link above biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Pragmatica (edited 05-08-2001).]

thanks all the same but i'm just going to keep it simple for the sake of everyone. The sig below is fine!
    Sorry for getting off the topic!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 05-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Staying off topic for a second... 80p- it might help to know that the UBB code for images has not been allowed in signatures for quite a while now, hence the "c0ck up" of yours... tongue.gif

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

I thought so-
    no bother...
    nothing ventured nothing gained!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Gettin back on the NL topic, I think if you exceed the 75hrs you will be cut off. I don't think they can charge you for time on-line between 6pm-8am Mon-Fri and Sat/Sun as this is covered by the monthly payment. It would be interesting to here from anybody who did exceed this and what the consequences were, if any.

I have a friend still connected to SNL and he still uses it over the 75 hour limit and nothing has happened ... He even decide to use the service more in protest aginst me getting cut off smile.gif

I have been using it for 3 months now since that letter... on average 200 hrs per month. I haven't been charged extra and am still connected... lame implementation of there scripts(if any for that matter)... Anyway i'll be disconnecting and going to ADSL in 2 less than 2 weeks... then fair well Esat smile.gif

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaos-Engine:
    Anyway i'll be disconnecting and going to ADSL in 2 less than 2 weeks... then fair well Esat smile.gif

</font>

Wont we all... (If only)
    When Eircom say september you have to index that against the bulls**t metre. IF eircom have adsl out in 2 weeks I'll do a Lady Godiver down O'Connell Street!! Seriously!!

80p.

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

eircon convirmed september 28 to ioffl in the recent interview, i have no idea were you lads are getting this two week stuff,
    allso expect at least as long to install an adsl line as an isdn one, so really even those of you in the trial area(and it will only be those exchanges in september) will have to wait untill end of october/ start of november, of course like everythiung less eircon, some people will get it with in two weeks and others will wait months

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    i have no idea were you lads are getting this two week stuff,
    </font>

I think he's saying that he'll be going onto Eircom's ADSL trial in two weeks...

allso expect at least as long to install an adsl line as an isdn one
    </font>

How do you know this?

so really even those of you in the trial area(and it will only be those exchanges in september)
    </font>

How do you know this?

of course like everythiung less eircon, some people will get it with in two weeks and others will wait months</font>

How do you know this?

Seriously, Gladiator, lets just play the wait and see game a bit, with a little less of the wild allegations... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 06-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hudson806:

Seriously, Gladiator, lets just play the wait and see game a bit, with a little less of the wild allegations... smile.gif

</font>

Here here... there's really no place for wild and pointless conjecture with no factual basis or backup.

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

"allso expect at least as long to install an adsl line as an isdn one"

From talking to afew guys on the trials, its taken between 2-3 weeks for most to get it, but as i said, some had it right away,
    now thats with a limited numbers of users only 500 per certain exchanges, what happens when 3 times that number want it,

"so really even those of you in the trial area(and it will only be those exchanges in september)"

i was told this by the guy i was emailing at eircom to see if my exchanges would i be on the trials, i said something like will i be able to get adsl in september, his reply was, no only the trial exchanges will adsl be lauched on in september, and then a *phase* be *phase* basics after that, the reason he was able to tell me was because he was fairly well involved in it, unlike ordinary CS staff

"of course like everythiung less eircon, some people will get it with in two weeks and others will wait months"

experience, i know of people who got isdn lines installed within a week of ordering them while others waited up to 2 motnhs as the most extreme, they wont changes for adsl, why would they,

so if ive answered your questions, i dont spout as much bull**** as people think i do,
    of course i agree with waiting to see what happens, but i hate to see people get all their hopes up that september 28 will roll around nad all of a suddened everything will change,

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 06-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Here here... there's really no place for wild and pointless conjecture with no factual basis or backup.

</font>
    why are you allways the first to give my stick, its getting old, real old, why dont you grow up
    and your the last, if ever to say, yea your right, you take every opportunity to put me and what i say down,

why are you allways the first to give my stick, its getting old, real old,
    </font>

Actually, I'm not giving you any "stick" or putting you down - I'm just saying there's no place for wild conjecture that has no factual backing. Quit looking for an argument, 'cos you won't find one smile.gif

why dont you grow up

</font>

No comment smile.gif
    and your the last, if ever to say, yea your right, you take every opportunity to put me and what i say down,
    </font>

I give credit where and when it's due. Well done, by the way, on your post on the potential of an ISP survey, which was a well thought out suggestion.

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

well thank you on that,

but the points i made or very factual, ill leave each member to decide that based on my explainion of how i came to the conclusion i did, but they were far from ideal conjecture made up to scare afew people, in the end only time can tell,
    im sorry if i misjudged your response but i hate when people jump to conclusions and cast aspersions on something without giving a guy the opertunity to state his case,
    ill leave this now as its getting very off topic, which im sure to author of the topic wont appreciate.

so if ive answered your questions, i dont spout as much bull****
    </font>

Judge: Mr. Hutz, we've been in here for four hours. Do you have any
    evidence at all?
    Hutz: Well, your Honor, we've got plenty of hearsay and conjecture,
    those are _kinds_ of evidence.

Sorry - browser crashed, posted twice

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 06-08-2001).]