Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Live (Survey)

Options
  • 30-07-2001 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Anyone fill out this survey. A perfect chance for a moan about Irish ISP's.
    Mick.

Dear ,

Ireland's ISPs - Let us know what do you think

PC Live! is running a survey which will reflect the best and worst ISPs for
    home and business. If you are also a high speed cable or ISDN subscriber we
    want to know the level of service that is actually on offer. Results will
    appear in our September issue.

But we need your help. Let us know what you think, simply log on and fill
    in the survey form by Thursday 9th August at

www.techcentral.ie/ispsurvey

This is your chance to work with Ireland's No. 1 PC and Internet magazine
    and make your opinion count.

The first five entries drawn will win a year's subscription to PC Live! with
    a free renewal for current subscribers.

Good luck and thanks for your support and participation.

Yours sincerely

Tim Graham
    Marketing Services Manager
    ComputerScope, PC Live! TechCentral.ie & Nua.com
    Organisers of e-XPO
    & the PC Live! Experience 25 - 29 October 2001
    http://www.techcentral.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I dont know whether in essence PClive are trying to compete w/ IOFFline in trying to highlight the deplorable fiasco we're in, but I filled in the survey anyway.
    All I can say is they @ least asked "some" tough questions of ISP's.

80p.

www.80project.com

As I said it is a perfect chance for people to let all ISP's know their feelings.

If PC Live were so annoyed about Internet access, why did they wait until irelandoffline started up, before doing anything?

Mick.

I found it a reasonably good survey and didn't hold back filling in what i wanted in Ireland in that final box!

Farls

Done.

Filled it in too, almost therapeutic smile.gif
    Hows about one run by IOFFL?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Done. You're right BNC, it did feel good and it can't hurt. Wish I'd thought to mention IOFFL in the final "any other comments" bit. Pity that.

K

Edit: Ha! The final post hadn't gone through so I managed to add a reference to IOFFL. Good stuff.

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 31-07-2001).]

hmm i filled it out, but as im with ntl, and have a great connection, allot of what i said was good

I'll fill it out, but I have to say that I've had Indigo, IOL and Internet Eireann as ISPs, and all were good - especially in their courteous and helpful tech staff.

Special nod to Adam Williams in Indigo/Eircom.net in that regard. Supertechie and supernice.

I see no one talking about Digifone Online?

Any comments on them?

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact digifone on-line customer support on 1740 from your 086 mobile (15p for the call duration) or on 1550924086 from a landline (58p per minute). We are available from 8a.m. to 10p.m, 7 days a week.

[This message has been edited by Stimpy (edited 01-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by obewan:

If PC Live were so annoyed about Internet access, why did they wait until irelandoffline started up, before doing anything?

Mick.
    </font>

As a regular reader of PC Live I think you're being a bit unfair. The mag has consistenly covered the lack of high-speed and flat-rate internet access in Ireland. You only have to look at their watchdog section over the last few months to realise this. I first came across irelandoffline in PC Live and i believe they were one of the first magazines to cover the organisation. They've even voiced their support for it in this month's mag and urged their readers to support this campaign.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bettyboo:
    As a regular reader of PC Live I think you're being a bit unfair.

I can agree with you to some extent but PC Live appear to be MORE interested in the access debate since irelandoffline came on the scene.
    Most papers/magazines, hinted/talked about access long before this group came to-gether; but it's only now that their voices are being RAISED to question why a proper affordable internet package has not been offered.
    I believe this is because irelandoffline has brought the debacle of access to the fore.
    Mick.

is dol an isp?

No I definitley think the highlighting of the whole shambles has only come to the fore recently. Prior to this PC Live has always pumped the ISP's and in effect gave them copious amts of free publicity. Dont get me wrong its not neccesarily a criticism, but there definitley has been a change of tone in terms of the reporting of the state of the interent in Ireland in recent issues. Overall if PC Live continues in this vein, it can only augment our aims and perhaps expedite our disbandenment!

80p.

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 02-08-2001).]

DOL is an ISP yes...

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact digifone on-line customer support on 1740 from your 086 mobile (15p for the call duration) or on 1550924086 from a landline (58p per minute). We are available from 8a.m. to 10p.m, 7 days a week.

Advertisement