Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any More 75hr Casualties??

Options
  • 05-08-2001 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I touched on this on another thread briefly....

At this stage everyone who is still using SNL would have received their first bill since the expulsion of "Heavy Users".
    In that first month has anyone gone over the 75hr limit (Taking into consideration that the 75 hour limit never officially existed) and been notified of this or perhaps even threatened w/ the boot??
    I used a meagre 42 hours (oh the pain of it all).

If there has been no action...
    Is it ok to go above the 75 hrs and not be threatened w/ expulsion?
    Or ,
    Even if you totally misused the privelge are ESAT likely to run the risk of another PR debacle and have another cross the board rationalisation of customers??

Ponder these if you will !!
    80p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i think the one your looking for is did anybody who agreed to stay under 75 hours get kicked, as i know serveral people who used it all the time and never got the letter and have continued to use it all the time,

Yes! but do/did these people exceed 75hours continually on a monthly basis and if so just what criteria did IOL use to select the 2000 of us who got the letter. Another thing these ppl were very quite when the IOL story broke in the media. Had the media known that not all ppl using in excess of 75hrs got the boot it might have made it a bit more difficult for IOL to sell the "excessive use" story especially if someone who got the letter is thinking of taking IOL to court. Then it becomes a case of pure discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im pretty sure ive been going over 75 hrs since the **** hit the fan. Havnet heard dickie from them.
    Since friday i dont use it anymore tho, got something much better smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    Im pretty sure ive been going over 75 hrs since the **** hit the fan. Havnet heard dickie from them.
    Since friday i dont use it anymore tho, got something much better smile.gif
    </font>

You lucky b-a-s-t-a-r-d... Seriously though, what are you using now?

[This message has been edited by Urban Weigl (edited 06-08-2001).]

ADSL biggrin.gif
    Im actually not sure how much details i can give since theres a non disclosure clause in the contract thingy, but there was a thread on it elsewhere so im pretty sure i can say its very very schweet smile.gif

60k dl on acerage, 70 ping to irish game servers on average.

• Advertisement

Is that Eircom ADSL ??
    As in the "i-stream" product under trials in South Dublin??

GEORGE BUSH IS THE DEVIL!!!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

yep

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    ADSL biggrin.gif
    Im actually not sure how much details i can give since theres a non disclosure clause in the contract thingy, but there was a thread on it elsewhere so im pretty sure i can say its very very schweet smile.gif

60k dl on acerage, 70 ping to irish game servers on average.
    </font>

60k/sec isn't too impressive. Then again, it's only 512kbps, so I wasn't expecting more. And I don't want to know how slow Eircom's crappy network is going to get when they make it available on a commercial basis.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Urban Weigl:
    60k/sec isn't too impressive. Then again, it's only 512kbps, so I wasn't expecting more.</font>

Ehh, 60k/s on a 512k connection is almost perfect. With only ~30k being lost due to error correction, I'd doubt you could find anything better anywhere. I'd be more worried about the 70ms ping, myself...

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 07-08-2001).]

BTW Dustaz,
    Where are you living (if you dont mind) ?
    I presume south dublin ??

Just enquiring because I got the mailshot re: the trial through the door and instantly called up to try and get on it. After checking my line and giving the all clear, they then gave me another Number to ring to get on the trial, only then to be told that the places had been filled for 3 weeks (this was about a month ago now). Supposedly there was some sort of preferential treatment given to SME's in the Sandyford Industrial Estate (MY local exchange is Sandyford).

So I'm just wondering how did you get on etc. and whats the service like?

When ppl are talking about 60k/s, is that likely to be the speed of the "i-stream" product?? What is likely to be the speed does anyone know??
    Similar to the situation w/ dial-up @ 56k, you still have to take into account that'll to something between 52 & 33k/s.

Any responses welcomed

OH & BTW
    I'm Still looking to hear from anyone who agreed to the 75 hours and their experiences.
    I have had a few responses by e-mail, so if anyone doesn;t want to post on the boards you can e-mail me if u like!....

80project@stauntonline.com
    80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 07-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement