Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Articles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The £43m invest is very encouraging news indeed for the regions- I think more so the precedent it sets in terms of government intervention. (Maybe they should intervene in Dublin while they're at it !)

As a general comment I think one of the most disturbing things about the whole "O'Reilly / O'Brien Bidding Circus" is the distinct lack of focus on the business and service itself. Its all about offering the highest price to the Shareholders, whereas theres no mention of what direction or strategy they have for the company (which God knows it needs it). BTW, that is me speaking as an eircom shareholder as well. I honestly couldn't give a damn about the price, so long as I knew whoever took over the company had a plan to make the company competitive and successful(other than to sell it on to the next highest bidder- which I think is the ultimate intention for both parties). IMO, once again the customer is the last thing on the minds of the (potential)Directors.

BTW Thanks for posting that stuff adam- sometimes I dont get time to surf around for all the tech stories of the day!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Advertisement