Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloads added to IrelandOffline web site

Options
  • 07-08-2001 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

http://irelandoffline.com/

Downloads page added - currently features audio clips from both RTÉ Radio One and Anna Livia 103.2 FM in a choice of 8Kbps and 16Kbps MP3 files. More files will be added there later.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

THANKS to 80project, by the way, for sending me an Audio CD he had burned of all those sound bytes, enabling me to put that page together. Good karma is on its way smile.gif

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    THANKS to 80project, Good karma is on its way smile.gif

</font>

I was wondering why I felt so good all day!!

You seem to have got compressed them nicely. Somebody had posted originally they wanted it @ 128kb p/s so I was reluctant to reduce the bitrate that much and thus because of this the file sizes were much bigger. Also because @ the moment the servers seem to be a bit slow and the resume support function wasn't working too well I thought it best you do it through the official site! Nicely done page as well and there should be no excuse now for any true "IOffliner" to download them & spread the word!

BTW Niall,
    I think the clip of my letter by Pat Kenny is 1 min 02 secs, not 16 min 02 secs, as on the site.

Karma Right Back @ You !!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You can compress the **** off speech 80p, it doesn't need a wide range of frequencies.

[That was another word for bottom.]

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 07-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:

BTW Niall,
    I think the clip of my letter by Pat Kenny is 1 min 02 secs, not 16 min 02 secs, as on the site.
    </font>

Oops... guess who copied and pasted one table to make the other and forgot to change a bit ... Consider it fixed ! Thanks smile.gif

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 07-08-2001).]

It's little additions like this that are making us maintain a steady hit count of over 10,000 hits per month. For a site that has a zero budget and no real advertising other than word of mouth and this forum, that's not bad at all.

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

• Advertisement

*koff*

http://www.phootball.com
    http://www.corkslang.com

Ok, they're no ireland.com, but... smile.gif

adam

<never mind>

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 08-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    *koff*

http://www.phootball.com
    http://www.corkslang.com

Ok, they're no ireland.com, but... smile.gif

adam
    </font>

Phootball.com is a discussion board about Irish football teams. CorkSlang.com got me an Error 404 (on an IOL dialup). Sorry but I fail to see the relevance of those sites...

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

ok- I've found corkslang.com via an iMac in Tower Records on O'Connell Street (Dublin) and NOW I see your point - they're carrying our banner adverts... nice one smile.gif

... and no, obviously, they're no Ireland.com - but, as Tesco's say, every little helps !

hmm... could get used to these iMacs wink.gif sorely tempted to buy a mac laptop instead of a PC (whenever I can afford one... d'oh wink.gif - job would be handy first!)

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 08-08-2001).]

you should get one bard, if your sseriously into graphics, imac is the only thing, ive had the pleasure of using them on server projects,

• Advertisement

Apple's new iBook is really nice. A friend of mine has one, and it's a great little machine. Looks very cool as well, and has 5 hours battery life. It costs $1299, so it's probably around the same in IR£ (maybe a little more).

As for the iMac, great computer. However, for graphic design work, you really want a PowerMac G4 w/ a large display.

Advertisement