Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Internet, What's That Then?

Options
  • 11-08-2001 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

From Volta Net Gains newsletter (07/08/01)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    The Internet, What's That Then?

In a survey by Amárach, the market research firm, 43% of Irish adults will be making regular use of the Internet by 2003, while a significantly high proportion - some 47% - have expressed no interest in going online. Factors include slow uptake in the over 50s and lower income households. At the moment, around one third of Irish adults, or about 895,000 people, use the Internet. See www.amarach.com for more.
    </font>

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[We had this recently Bard, although you might not have been around then. In case you weren't here's a sum-up of my response:

1) It's Amarach. Who cares?
    2) It's statistics. The only good statistician is a dead statistician.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dahamsta can you see my reply,
    i made a reply along the lines of yours, about it being selective and i cant see in now,
    my browser does this sometimes and i cant see posts

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 11-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    2) It's statistics. The only good statistician is a dead statistician.</font>

here here smile.gif

76.35% of statistics are made up on the spot anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    my browser does this sometimes and i cant see posts
    </font>

Yeah,... and Bard sometimes deletes your posts when they're offensive.

Go figure!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Yeah,... and Bard sometimes deletes your posts when they're offensive.

LOL smile.gif

adam

• Advertisement

hmm offensive ay, i dont see how, but then again i find it hard to judge what you find offensive,
    sometimes i wonder if its the fact i reply to a topic at all that gets you p***ed

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 12-08-2001).]

sometimes i wonder if its the fact i reply to a topic at all that gets you p***ed

And double LOL. ROFL in fact.

adam

Advertisement